Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripts and basics
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scripts and basics Post 302253479 by Jayanthsec on Friday 31st of October 2008 05:21:37 PM
Old 10-31-2008
Error Scripts and basics

Hi,

I have a script which I need to modify the date "01/10/2008" and "31/10/2008" every month before running the report. Can I have some script to take the date automatically from the cal option.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

I want to learn UNIX, but I have a few questions. If anybody could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. First, I've decided I'm going to use Red Hat Linux and I've been told the only difference between 7.2 and the Professional (besides the price), is the tech support that you'll receive. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulSF
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

character I/O basics

Hello! I have an application that needs user input. For testing, I created a text file and redirected it as input for the application. # test_app < input.txt This works, but never ends(keeps on getting last char), and it goes too fast. I would like to create a script that pushes characters... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: starless
8 Replies

3. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics

Hi, Please tell me where can I get started with awk..like the basics and the whole awk stuff. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Basics

Hello , Everyone , I want to know the Aix Basics and how it works ,hardware related problems and solution etc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narendram
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Just started using UNIX, im at the basics and my scripts broken.

echo "Hi $username, guess what my favourite colour is!" count=0 while ] do read colour if then $count=1 echo "See ya later!" elif then $count=1 echo "You guessed correctly! Great job!"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solomonsnare
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

Hello, 1) I am trying to get involved in UNIX for educational purposes so I have installed the latest Ubuntu edition 12.04. Do you know another package that I could use it instead for educational purposes? 2)What is the difference between "~$" and "/$" (it comes with cd / and cd ~) .The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iwn
1 Replies
CHRONICLE-SPOOLER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      CHRONICLE-SPOOLER(1)

NAME
chronicle-spooler - Automatically post pre-written entries. SYNOPSIS
Path Options: --config Specify a configuration file to read. --spool-dir Specify where pending entries are located. --live-dir Specify where the entries should be moved to. Post-Spool Commands: --post-move Specify a command to execute once entries have been moved. Optional Features: --test Only report on what would be executed. Help Options: --help Show the help information for this script. --manual Read the manual for this script. ABOUT
chronicle-spooler is a companion scrip to the chronicle blog compiler. It is designed to facilitate posting new entries automatically upon particular dates. (ie. If you have ten written blog entries in a spool directory it will move them into place upon the date you've specified.) DATE SPECIFICATION
To specify the date a particular entry should be made live you must add another pseudo-header to your blog entry files, as follows: Title: This is the title of the blog post Date: 2nd March 2007 Publish: 15th April 2008 Tags: one, two, three, long tag The text of your entry goes here. In this example we know that this entry will be made live upon the 15th April 2008, and not before. AUTHOR
Steve -- http://www.steve.org.uk/ LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2008-2010 by Steve Kemp. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-03 CHRONICLE-SPOOLER(1)