Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find recently updated files in home directory Post 302253473 by Kain on Friday 31st of October 2008 04:52:18 PM
Old 10-31-2008
Find recently updated files in home directory

Is there a shell command that will allow me to list index files in the /home directory for all users on a server that have been updated within the past 24 hours?

(e.g. index.htm .html .php in/home/user1/public_html /home/user2/public_html /home/user3/public_html etc )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find out the home directory of a user??

Hi all, I would like to know how to find out the home directory of a particular user.. eg, If am the root , then my Home directory will be / if say am just a user logging into the terminal then my home dir would change, so accordingly i would like to know how to find it out... I know that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recently updated files

How do I find files those have been updated in the last 24 hours, sort them by size descending and then display the top of the long list? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
6 Replies

3. Solaris

find home directory paths for all users

How to find al the user's home directories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find recently modified/ updated file

hi gurus, i would like to know how can i find logs files which were recently modified or updated? :confused: using this command? find . -name "*.log" -mtime ?? so what should i put for mtime? thanks. wee (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find server that hosts my home directory?

At work I have two sets of systems, my Primary network and Secondary network. Each consists of 4 servers, 3 of them for doing work (Idaho, Omaha, Juno) and hosting the processes we work on and 1 holds all the home directories (Sword). So Idaho, Omaha and Juno use Sword for home directories (user... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wha72
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find Files Created Recently and Print

Hi, I'm looking to create a script which will find all the files created in the last 24h in a directory starting with a few different letters and send them to the printer. This would be run through the cron each morning to print the last 24 hours files. I have started with this to find all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rab
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a recently updated file

Hi, I am looking for a command to search for a specific file which was recently modified in the current directory leaving some unwanted files to be listed. For example, when I try ls - lrt it shows the following output. I want to ommit the files with the name 'resend' and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out whether directory has been updated with files in the last 5 minutes or not

Hi, I am trying to work on this script that needs to monitor a Directory. In case there are no files received in that Directory for the last 5 minutes, it has to send out an alert. Could someone please suggest any approach for the same. Note: I did check out various previous psts -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the two most recently added files to another directory - HP-UX?

Hello, I am attempting to find and copy the two most recently added files to a specific directory, that fit a specific format. I was able to find the command to list the two most recently added files in directory: ls -1t | head -n 2 The command lists the two files names in a vertical list,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
11 Replies
finger(1)						      General Commands Manual							 finger(1)

NAME
finger - user information lookup program SYNOPSIS
[options] user_name ... DESCRIPTION
By default, lists for each user_name on the system: o Login name, o Full given name, o Terminal write status (if write permission is denied), o Idle time, o Login time, o User's home directory and login shell, o Any plan the user has placed in file in their home directory, o Project on which they are working from the file also in the home directory, o office location and phone number (if known), o last time the user received the mail, and last time the user read the mail. Idle time is in minutes if listed as a single integer, hours and minutes if a is present, or days and hours if a is present. Account names as well as first and last names of users are accepted. can also be used to list users on a remote machine. The format for user_name is user_name@host. If user_name is not specified, the remote system (HP-UX or non-HP-UX) uses its default standard format for listing user information. Options recognizes the following options: Suppress printing the user's home directory and shell. Suppress printing the header that is normally printed in a short-format printout. Suppress printing the file in a long-format printout. Force ``idle'' output format. Similar to short format except that only the login name, terminal, login time, and idle time are printed. Force long output format. Match arguments only on user name. Suppress printing of the files Force quick output format. Similar to short format except that only the login name, terminal, and login time are printed. Print the user's host name. Force short output format. Suppress printing the full name in a short-format printout. WARNINGS
Only the first line of the file is printed. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
who file last login file for users names, offices, ... plans projects mail directory SEE ALSO
chfn(1), who(1), utmpd(1M). finger(1)