Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for FTP (transfer only new files) Post 302253465 by inoxx on Friday 31st of October 2008 04:31:18 PM
Old 10-31-2008
@vbe: Thank you for your reply. I don't know rdist - I will check this. But the server I'm connecting to (over internet) is not ours, and there is only ftp permitted. So I think I could not use rdist. Correct me if I'm wrong.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfer of files via ftp from windows to unix

I am currently looking to write a script to transfer files from a windows NT server to a unix server any ideas of how to go about this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chambala5
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer files from Unix server to Windows using FTP

Dear Friend, I don't know much about unix.I am an VB6.0 Programmer.I need to move an text files as aaa.txt from unix server to windows "D: " driver using the FTP protocol.Is it possible to do this with help of unix shell script.If possible please give some sample codes. Please answer as early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjsaravanan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to be run after every FTP transfer

Hello everyone, we are running VSFtpd as FTP Server on Redhat AS 5. I would like to have a script to be run immediately after every FTP transfer. Is is possible (or with any other FTP Server?). I thought of writing a script to monitor if FTP transfer happening and run the required-script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP run from shell script gives slow transfer rates

Hey everybody, this is my first post so be gentle. I have two Sun 5220's running Solaris 10 that are directly connected with a cross-over cable at Gig. One of these boxes is my production Oracle server which generates a 50GB dump file every evening at 10:50. The other Solaris is a devolopment... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Countificus
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to transfer list of files to FTP server, to different folders

Hello Unix Gurus, Help required from you. My requirement is something like this I want to create a concurrenct program in Oracle Applications using shell script to transfer files from Apps Server to destination FTP server. I have created custom program, where I will extract all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSYNC script to transfer folders recursively without overwriting via FTP

Hi all, I would need a bash script to sync/transfer folders recursively via FTP/RSYNC (I initially planned to use FTP but I heard RSYNC would fit a lot better for this job(?)) The situation: 3 different Linux servers 1. source 2. destination - Samba 3. Server where the script runs on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibautp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp)

HI, I have to transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp) .Kindly help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer multiple different files in FTP

Hi All, i am doing ftp how can i transfer multiple different files example- 03-21-13 06:33AM 46800 CATT_HOURS.pgp 03-21-13 06:33AM 266392 CATT_TAX.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 91448 CATT_STATUS.txt 03-21-13 06:33AM 468 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
krb5_auth_rules(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					krb5_auth_rules(5)

NAME
krb5_auth_rules - Overview of Kerberos V5 authorization DESCRIPTION
When a user uses kerberized versions of the ftp, rdist, rcp, rlogin, rsh, or telnet clients to connect to a server, even if the user's claimed Kerberos V5 identity is authenticated, the user is not necessarily authorized. Authentication merely proves that the user is "who he says he is" to the Kerberos V5 authentication system. Authorization also needs to be done, since it determines if that Kerberos identity is permitted to access the Solaris user account that the client wants to access. Each user may have a private authorization list in a file ~/.k5login in his login directory (on the server). Each line in this file should contain a Kerberos principal name of the form principal/instance@realm. If the server finds a ~/.k5login file, then access is granted to the account if and only if the originating user is authenticated to one of the principals named in the ~/.k5login file. If there is no ~/.k5login file, the originating user will then be checked against the gsscred table (see gsscred(1M)). If the originating user's Kerberos V5 identity is in the gsscred table, and if the UNIX user id in the gsscred table corresponds to the user account the client is trying access, then the originating user is granted access to the account on the server. If the UNIX user id does not match, then the originating user is denied access. For example, suppose the originating user has a principal name of jdb@ENG.ACME.COM and the target account is jdb-user. If jdb@ENG.ACME.COM appears in the gsscred table with uid 23154 and if jdb-user appears in the user account database (see passwd(4)) with uid 23154, then access to account jdb-user is granted. Of course, normally, the target account name in this example would be jdb and not jdb-user. Finally, if there is no ~/.k5login file and if the originating user's Kerberos V5 identity is not in the gsscred table, then the user will be granted access to the account if and only if all of the following are true: o The user part of the authenticated principal name is the same as the target account name specified by the client. o The realm part of the client and server are the same. o The target account name exists on the server. For example, if the originating user has a principal name of jdb@ENG.ACME.COM and if the server is in realm SALES.ACME.COM, then even if jdb is a valid account name on the server, the client would be denied access. This is because the realms SALES.ACME.COM and ENG.ACME.COM differ. FILES
~/.k5login Per user-account authorization file. /etc/passwd System account file. This information may also be in a directory service. See passwd(4). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), rcp(1), rdist(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), telnet(1), gsscred(1M), passwd(4), attributes(5), gss_auth_rules(5) NOTES
To avoid security problems, the ~/.k5login file must be owned by the remote user. SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 2004 krb5_auth_rules(5)