Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting is is possible remove junk chars from the strings? Post 302253455 by balan_mca on Friday 31st of October 2008 03:52:49 PM
Old 10-31-2008
is is possible remove junk chars from the strings?

Hello friendz,

dfl;g435hkd.fg[3~[3~
..this is what I am getting. I want to print strings without junk chars.

I want to exactly like this... dflg435hkd.fg ...need some specific operators also. for example, dot or comma should allow.

plz help me out ya!

~BalanSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Junk chars (Sed)

I know this has been asked previously on this forum...But I think I have a different scenario to present. I ahve a file tht looks like this (note:there are control Z and other chars tht are not visible on line with anme bowers) BB7118450 6004718 BIANCALANA =HEI BZ5842819 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove junk (^Ò) character while FTPing

Hi All, I have been trying to FTP some data files from Windows directory to a UNIX server. The txt file in the windows contails the following data: "111~XYZ~1~Contact person’s phone number~COMMENTS~~~~" but the same line is appearing as "111~XYZ~1~Contact person^Òs phone number~COMMENTS~~~~"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all JUNK character from file.

Hi Team, I have a file having size greater than 1 GB. What i want to do is to check if it contains any JUNK character (ie any special charater thats not on the key board stroke). This file has 532 column & seperated with ^~^. I have found some solution from the file, but it is for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove junk characters using Perl

Guys, can you help me in removing the junk character "^S" from the below line using perl Reference Data Not Recognised ^S Where a value is provided by the consuming system, which is not reco Thanks, M.Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings with Special chars in IF condition

I was trying to run a code to check if a fax number is empty or not. for that, I've written the following code which is throwing an error. #!/bin/ksh fax= "999-999-9999" if ; then fax_no="000-000-0000" else fax_no=$fax fi echo $fax_no And I get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hooaamai
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to erase junk Chars coming in only the first line

I have a file containing few thousands of lines. when I do cat on it , i find it having two special Chars at the start of first line alone as shown down here. ÿþHDR|20111024|01 If i delete this line and do a cat on file , the current first line is shown to have the same special Chars. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: subramanian2008
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove JUNK characters (FROM�)

Hi I have to remove the junk characters from my file. Please help.. File content : CURITY_CODE_GSD) FROM� DL_CB_SOD_EOD_VALUATION WHERE� ASOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arukuku
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help me to remove junk char

I wanted to remove junk char in my csv. :mad: Input file format: "17","9986782190","0","D","2" "17","9900918331","0","D","2" "13","9986782194","0","A","2" Output file format 9986782190 9900918331 9986782194 And one more thing all the time "13"," this will be different Ex: . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddartha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

All strings within two special chars

I have a file with multiple lines. From each line I want to get all strings that starts with '+' and ends with '/'. Then I want the strings to be separated by ' + ' Example input: +$A$/NOUN+At/NSUFF_FEM_PL+K/CASE_INDEF_ACC Sample output: $A$ + At + K (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viernes
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to remove Junk characters

Hi All, I have a issue that we are getting Junk characters from source and i am not able to load that records to Database. Line breakers Junk Characters (Â and different every time) Japanese Characters Every time I am using grep command and awk -F "\007" to find them and delete that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spradeep86
1 Replies
integer(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      integer(3pm)

NAME
integer - Perl pragma to use integer arithmetic instead of floating point SYNOPSIS
use integer; $x = 10/3; # $x is now 3, not 3.33333333333333333 DESCRIPTION
This tells the compiler to use integer operations from here to the end of the enclosing BLOCK. On many machines, this doesn't matter a great deal for most computations, but on those without floating point hardware, it can make a big difference in performance. Note that this only affects how most of the arithmetic and relational operators handle their operands and results, and not how all numbers everywhere are treated. Specifically, "use integer;" has the effect that before computing the results of the arithmetic operators (+, -, *, /, %, +=, -=, *=, /=, %=, and unary minus), the comparison operators (<, <=, >, >=, ==, !=, <=>), and the bitwise operators (|, &, ^, <<, >>, |=, &=, ^=, <<=, >>=), the operands have their fractional portions truncated (or floored), and the result will have its fractional portion truncated as well. In addition, the range of operands and results is restricted to that of familiar two's complement integers, i.e., -(2**31) .. (2**31-1) on 32-bit architectures, and -(2**63) .. (2**63-1) on 64-bit architectures. For example, this code use integer; $x = 5.8; $y = 2.5; $z = 2.7; $a = 2**31 - 1; # Largest positive integer on 32-bit machines $, = ", "; print $x, -$x, $x + $y, $x - $y, $x / $y, $x * $y, $y == $z, $a, $a + 1; will print: 5.8, -5, 7, 3, 2, 10, 1, 2147483647, -2147483648 Note that $x is still printed as having its true non-integer value of 5.8 since it wasn't operated on. And note too the wrap-around from the largest positive integer to the largest negative one. Also, arguments passed to functions and the values returned by them are not affected by "use integer;". E.g., srand(1.5); $, = ", "; print sin(.5), cos(.5), atan2(1,2), sqrt(2), rand(10); will give the same result with or without "use integer;" The power operator "**" is also not affected, so that 2 ** .5 is always the square root of 2. Now, it so happens that the pre- and post- increment and decrement operators, ++ and --, are not affected by "use integer;" either. Some may rightly consider this to be a bug -- but at least it's a long-standing one. Finally, "use integer;" also has an additional affect on the bitwise operators. Normally, the operands and results are treated as unsigned integers, but with "use integer;" the operands and results are signed. This means, among other things, that ~0 is -1, and -2 & -5 is -6. Internally, native integer arithmetic (as provided by your C compiler) is used. This means that Perl's own semantics for arithmetic operations may not be preserved. One common source of trouble is the modulus of negative numbers, which Perl does one way, but your hardware may do another. % perl -le 'print (4 % -3)' -2 % perl -Minteger -le 'print (4 % -3)' 1 See "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmodlib, "Integer Arithmetic" in perlop perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 integer(3pm)