Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX ServiceGuard cluster & volume group failover Post 302253412 by Wotan31 on Friday 31st of October 2008 02:08:20 PM
Old 10-31-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
And not the other packages?

??

Is this VG a new VG? and you forgot to add in your <packagename>.cfg file ?
The other packages do not have VG's assigned to them, only this one.

It is a new VG, and it has been added to the packagename.cfg file.

The VG comes from SAN disks that are presented to both nodes. Everything works fine, except for the fact that a manual vg activation has to occur any time we move the package from one node to the other.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP Serviceguard failover - what doesn't get moved across?

Excuse the basic nature of the question, I've zero experience with regards to this and I'm just looking for a little clarity... When using serviceguard for a failover from one machine to another, what doesn't get taken from one machine to the other? For example, I was told that OS users and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stefcha
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

sun Cluster resource group cant failover

I have rcently setup a 4 node cluster running sun cluster 3.2 and I have installed 4 zones on each node. when installing the zones I had to install the zone on all nodes the on the last node do a zlogin -C <zonename> this worked ok. theni I tried to siwitch the zone to node a thei work... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesliek
14 Replies

3. HP-UX

Serviceguard Cluster Questions..

Hi, I'm fairly new to HP-UX. I am trying to find out if it is possible to create a cluster with 3 active nodes and 1 passive node. Everything I have found online so far just describes active/active and active/passive. Is it possible to have 3 active nodes and 1 passive node in a cluster? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DtbCollumb
2 Replies

4. AIX

backup & restore a volume group

Dear All, I would like to ask about saving & restoring a user defined volume group. i have a user defined volume group, named as datavg. i want to save it & to restore it into different size of physical volume. currently, datavg consist of 4 pv, three fisrt pv size are 100GB & one pv size is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donybangetgitu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.1 failover

Hi, We have two sun SPARC server in Clustered (Sun Cluster 3.1). For some reason, System 1 failed over to System 2. Where can I find the logs which could tell me the reason for this failover? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

6. Gentoo

How to failover the cluster ?

How to failover the cluster ? GNU/Linux By which command, My Linux version 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux What are the prerequisites we need to take while failover ? if any Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

9. Linux

Volume is mounted on two ServiceGuard nodes

Hey! I'm running a HP ServiceGuard cluster with three nodes. One of the packages was moved (not by me) from one node to another a few weeks ago. I just noticed that one of the volume groups is still mounted on the old node. Oops! When I run df, less space is used on the old node than the new. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobiasvl
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
MKEXFATFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MKEXFATFS(8)

NAME
mkexfatfs - create an exFAT file system SYNOPSIS
mkexfatfs [ -i volume-id ] [ -n volume-name ] [ -p partition-first-sector ] [ -s sectors-per-cluster ] [ -v ] device DESCRIPTION
mkexfatfs creates an exFAT file system on a block device. device is a special file corresponding to the device. OPTIONS
Command line options available: -i volume-id A 32-bit hexadecimal number. By default a value based on current time is set. -n volume-name Volume name (label), up to 15 characters. By default no label is set. -p partition-first-sector First sector of the partition starting from the beginning of the whole disk. exFAT super block has a field for this value but in fact it's optional and does not affect anything. Default is 0. -s sectors-per-cluster Number of physical sectors per cluster (cluster is an allocation unit in exFAT). Must be a power of 2, i.e. 1, 2, 4, 8, etc. Cluster size can not exceed 32 MB. Default cluster sizes are: 4 KB if volume size is less than 256 MB, 32 KB if volume size is from 256 MB to 32 GB, 128 KB if volume size is 32 GB or larger. -v Print version and copyright. EXIT CODES
Zero is returned on successful creation. Any other code means an error. AUTHOR
Andrew Nayenko SEE ALSO
mkfs(8) January 2011 MKEXFATFS(8)