Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: non GNU utilities
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users non GNU utilities Post 302253397 by jim mcnamara on Friday 31st of October 2008 01:03:50 PM
Old 10-31-2008
There is sort of a partial workaround -

POSIXLY_CORRECT and POSIX_ME_HARDER will change the behavior of a lot, not all, utilities to be POSIX when they are set to 1.

This site lists the utils afftected:
site news - die.net
when you search the site for POSIXLY_CORRECT and POSIX_ME_HARDER.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zmodem Utilities

Where can I find Zmodem utilities for Soloris 7 ie: rz sz thnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compression utilities

I've noticed bzip2 gives a little bit better compression than gzip. So...I'm curious...what's gives the best compression out of all the compression utilities? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single v. double quotes in sed (GNU utilities for Win32 version)

I'm using sed for Windows at a WinNT command prompt. Wrapping the expressions with single quotes doesn't work. I have to use double quotes. Is this the norm for the Windows implementation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daddydojo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Utilities

Hi, My input file is like this 1 11110001 1.1.1.1.1 2 12222212 2.3.44.5.6 3 22223333 1.3.2.4.1.55 Now i need the 2nd column value get printed I tried with the following command awk 'NR==1 {print $2}' input this works fine for only 1st row.I need to change always NR assigned value to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyo123.jyothi
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bc and wc utilities???

Hi, Can anybody explain bc and wc system utilities in Unix? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run utilities

I have utilities installed on a UNIX platform and was wondering how i run them. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hershey101
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

utilities

hi experts, i have a file sample: ======= 000123 5 7 0008 00345 5 9 0004 how can i get an output as 123 5 7 8 345 5 9 4 thanks in an advance subhendu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Utilities for CSV

I'd like to be able to do something like 'select column_a column_c column_b from file.csv'. Scripting it probably wouldn't be too extraordinarily difficult but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone's built a better one already. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab utilities

Hi gurus/lead, I have one doubt in crontab. I have shell script source code in one server. where I don't have priviliges acess R/W the shell script in that server. how can I setup the crontab to pick the code from the other unix server ? whether is there any possibility. in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)