Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about excutable software in Unix Post 302253383 by jim mcnamara on Friday 31st of October 2008 12:21:15 PM
Old 10-31-2008
Code:
which go

tells you the location of the "go" command. If the database is running you can directly query information from it. Get someone there to show you how.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question? unix software

whats the difference between unix & linux? code? can anyone recommend a company that release unix software that operates with windows 98 & XP for rookies? please list a link... thanks for your time (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Matthews
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

excutable script to copy a file to a different location.

Hi, I'm try to create an executable file to copy a file to a different location. Help plz. Thanx. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazehcalil
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading an already complied excutable file

Hi, I want ot read a executable file. Please let me know how to read it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardsamuelk
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on install software package on Linux

Hello ALL, I am not very sure about the following two questions, I have install some packages on my Linux system, though. Q1. Should I log in as root to install a software package on a Linux system? Q2. If I log in as a common user, say 'Mike', and install a software on Mike's home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX software packages Question

I am trying to learn how compile programs using this lesson. UNIX Tutorial Seven I am stuck at 7.4 Configuring and creating the Makefile. It stats that I need to configure the utility with my home directory. After doing the echo $HOME command I get /home/Bill_Gates. It then says to insert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jae99
6 Replies

7. BSD

Complete noob question: Software installation

I'm a Linux guy who is tring out BSD for the first time... What is the BSD program to automatically fetch and and install software? Is it pkg_add? Will pkg_add automatically fetch and and install software? Does it work on all BSD variants? This is all I could find, but I wanted to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biznatch
5 Replies

8. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies

9. Linux

Question Regarding mounting a drive and running a software

Hello; Whenever I reboot a system which one takes precedence; mounting the drives or running the init.d scripts Here is my situation: Every time I boot my system, I need to mount a RAID10 drive and run a software whose config files are on the RAID10 drive I want the software to only start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)