Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: jump in a .KSH batch
Operating Systems AIX jump in a .KSH batch Post 302253273 by enge on Friday 31st of October 2008 09:46:10 AM
Old 10-31-2008
jump in a .KSH batch

hi everyone,
i need to know if is that possible insert in a batch KSH a "GO TO" sentence to jump at the top or at the end of the job.

e.g.

top:
step1
step2
go to top:

thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix ---> Slackware the big jump, should I?

yea, I'm a really dummie, I have been using Knoppix for a while on a bootable disk, but wanting to switch to Slackware, is this a good decision? could any of you link me to a slackware downloadable site? thanks -Jace:D (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jace
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert unix .ksh script to windows .batch script

I am using awk in my .ksh script but when I am trying to run in windows its not recognising awk part of the ksh script , even when I changed it to gawk it does not work, this is how my .ksh and .bat files look like. thanx. #!/bin/ksh egrep -v "Rpt 038|PM$|Parameters:|Begin |Date: |End... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2.5lt V8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Jump to a specific place in a file?

If I cat a file And want to go to the first instance of a particular value - what command would I use? And then from that point where I jumped to search for another value - but only search from that point forward not before the file? Thanks~ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] jump from one txt file to another

Hi all, I need to create a bash script that reads a txt file on a remote (Windows 2003) server, gets the IP-addresses out of it and then fetches the folders to copy out of another txt file. (all files are auto-generated) The IP addresses that don't have a folder_list file should be ignored. At... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: laurens
31 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing KSH batch file located in specific folder

Ok apologies if this is trivial or doesn't make sense but I am quite new to korn shells; So I have a .ksh batch file located in a folder of my choosing, I want to run this file in a korn shell. The problem though is that I want to get VBA code to do this. I have (VBA) code which opens command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjsewell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HowTo translate KSH Scripts to DOS Batch Files ?

Hi there, in near future I have to change my work surrounding from HP UNIX to Windows Vista (great to get rid of old hardware :), but bad to loose UNIX :( ). As I heavily use KSH scripts to do my job, I was wondering, if there is any HowTo available, supporting me in re-writing the scripts to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe-K7
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to jump a shell !!

Hi, can someone point out a solution to my problem below. Within a shell script TEST.ksh I have to run two commands CmdA & CmdB one after the other as below. ------------- TEST.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh A B ------------- I am running this script from KSH with PID 12345 as below. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaux
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Jump to next element in a loop

Hi, i want the loop to move to 3rd item, when it encounters 2 while runing for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 do if then #jump to element 3 else echo $i fi done o/p 1 3 4 5 6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

jump to a section in output

HI I have the following output from an autosys command . Now I would like to investigate further .i.e Start Dependent Job Name Status ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
3 Replies
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					  Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow - Adjust the position of a top-level window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(tkwin, x, y) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for top-level window to move. int x (in) New x-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. int y (in) New y-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
In general, a window should never set its own position; this should be done only by the geometry manger that is responsible for the win- dow. For top-level windows the window manager is effectively the geometry manager; Tk provides interface code between the application and the window manager to convey the application's desires to the geometry manager. The desired size for a top-level window is conveyed using the usual Tk_GeometryRequest mechanism. The procedure Tk_MoveToplevelWindow may be used by an application to request a particular position for a top-level window; this procedure is similar in function to the wm geometry Tcl command except that negative offsets cannot be speci- fied. It is invoked by widgets such as menus that want to appear at a particular place on the screen. When Tk_MoveToplevelWindow is called it does not immediately pass on the new desired location to the window manager; it defers this action until all other outstanding work has been completed, using the Tk_DoWhenIdle mechanism. KEYWORDS
position, top-level window, window manager Tk Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)