Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Macbook - Best way to use Linux software? Post 302253259 by G_Morgan on Friday 31st of October 2008 09:31:20 AM
Old 10-31-2008
Macbook - Best way to use Linux software?

I've bought a Macbook today and I was wondering what the best way to use Linux software is? Obviously there are bundles of considerations involved like library usage and package management.

Is there a package management solution and if there is does it merely blindly recompile the Linux options or does it use things like the Mac Qt and GTK ports where they are available?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What do you think the best linux software is.

Im am interested in switching to linux, I am sick of dealing with windows. I know a decent amount about computer, and alot about windows. But not much about Unix. Although i am learing it for school. for school we use fedora core which I find cool and interesting. But in your opinion what i the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekmpage
3 Replies

2. Linux

Software RAID on Linux

Hey, I have worked with Linux for some time, but have not gotten into the specifics of hard drive tuning or software RAID. This is about to change. I have a Dell PowerEdge T105 at home and I am purchasing the following: 1GBx4 DDR2 ECC PC6400 RAM Rosewill RSV-5 E-Sata 5 bay disk enclosure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
6 Replies

3. Linux

Hide my ip software for linux

Hi, Please suggest me some hide my ip softwares which run on linux(fedora) System (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman
6 Replies

4. AIX

Linux software on AIX 5.3

Hi Team, On a client requirement, we need to install below Linux software on IBM AIX 5.3 operating system, Apache Maven 3.2.3 MySQL 5.1.73, Sonarqube 4.1.2, Apache Tomcat 7.0.42, Jenkins 1.549 Please tell us whether above tool versions are compatible to AIX 5.3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnr.simha23
4 Replies
TRANSITION-CHECK(1)													       TRANSITION-CHECK(1)

NAME
transition-check - check a package list for involvement in transitions SYNOPSIS
transition-check --help|--version transition-check [-f|--filename=FILENAME] [source package list] DESCRIPTION
transition-check checks whether any of the listed source packages are involved in a transition for which uploads to unstable are currently blocked. If neither a filename nor a list of packages is supplied, transition-check will use the source package name from debian/control. OPTIONS
-f, --filename=filename Read a source package name from filename, which should be a Debian package control file or .changes file, and add that package to the list of packages to check. EXIT STATUS
The exit status indicates whether any of the packages examined were found to be involved in a transition. 0 Either --help or --version was used, or none of the packages examined was involved in a transition. 1 At least one package examined is involved in a current transition. LICENSE
This code is copyright by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>, all rights reserved. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. AUTHOR
Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 TRANSITION-CHECK(1)