Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux acroread command giving error Post 302253229 by iamjayanth on Friday 31st of October 2008 08:25:45 AM
Old 10-31-2008
acroread command giving error

Hi,

When I run the command acroread it is giving error

ERROR: Cannot find installation directory.

When I look at /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/ an exicutable file named acroread is there. When i run ./acroread from that directory it is working . What can i do so that I can give acroread command from anywhere . Can aliases help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command is giving error in shell script

Hi, In my shell script when I am using mv command using shell variables it is giving me error of syntax. Following is the shell script: file_edifice="*.txt" fquote="'" fdquote=\" for file in $file_edifice do file_name=$fquote$file$fquote tofile_name=`date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammit
5 Replies

2. Linux

Terminal Execution By Giving a Command

Hi Guys, I am using Red Hat Linux 5 and GNOME Terminal is available there in the Accessories menu of Applications. But I don't see any run command option which can be used to type the name of the terminal and execute it directly as I used to do it under Mandrake Linux wherein I would type... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

In ksh shell command - Print "-ABC" is giving error

Hi Guys, while executing the following command : print "-ABC" is giving following error : ksh: print: bad option(s) I cannot use echo for some other reasons, so any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

7. AIX

RSH command is giving error (connection refused)

All, I am using AIX 5.3. while running the rsh command I am getting below error message. ------------------ A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. ------------------ .rhost file is updated with correct entry on both the servers. I.e. Login ID Server name in /etc/hosts... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command giving bad status error

In a fastload teradata utility I am trying to delete the files which are older than 30days using the find and rm command as following. find . -name 'xxx_*' -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \; I expect it to delete all the files older than 30 days but sometimes it gives an error : find: bad status--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stelkar
3 Replies
whom(1mh)																 whom(1mh)

Name
       whom - report to whom a message is addressed

Syntax
       whom [ options ] [ file ]

Description
       The  command is used to expand the headers of a message into a set of addresses, and optionally to verify that those addresses are deliver-
       able at that time if -check is given.

The command is often invoked as one of the options offered by the program when you have finished editing a draft  message.   See  for  more
       details.

If  you	want to run on a named file, you can supply a file argument.  This argument allows you to specify a named file; if you want to run
       on an existing message, use the -draftfolder and -draftmessage options.	If you do not give an absolute pathname (one beginning with a / or
       ./ or ../ ), assumes that the named file is in your current working directory.

Options
       -alias aliasfile
		 Specifies  the  alias file to be consulted by If you have used one or more aliases in your message header, will consult the named
		 file to find those aliases, and will print the full addresses as its output.  You can reference more than one file, but each file
		 name must be preceded by the word -alias.  See for more information.

-check
       -nocheck  Checks  that  the  addresses  are  valid.  makes no guarantees that the addresses listed as being correct are really deliverable:
		 rather, an address being listed as correct means that at the time that was run, the address was thought to be deliverable by  the
		 transport  service.   For local addresses, this means that the local user does exist, and that the address was deliverable at the
		 time of checking.  For network and uucp addresses, it means that the syntax of the address is valid.

-draft	 Sets the draft message to be the standard file in your Mail directory.

-draftfolder folder
       -nodraftfolder
		 Specifies the folder in which searches for the draft message.	The default is to use the current message  in  the  named  folder.
		 You  can select another message by using the -draftmessage option.  For more information on using a draft folder, see The -draft-
		 folder option is often set up in your user profile; see for more information.

-draftmessage msg
		 Specifies the draft message to be used.  If you specify a folder with the -draftfolder option, the -draftmessage option takes the
		 number  of a message in that folder.  If you do not specify a folder, -draftmessage takes the name of a file.	If you do not give
		 an absolute pathname (one beginning with a / or ./ or ../ ), -draftmessage assumes that the file is located in your  Mail  direc-
		 tory.

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-mts smtp Specifies the format of the addresses to be checked.  The only value allowed is smtp, which checks that addresses are deliverable
		 over the standard ULTRIX mail system.	Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems.

The defaults for this command are:

file defaults to
	      -nocheck
	      -alias /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases
	      -mts smtp

Restrictions
       For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp.	Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems.

Examples
       In the following example, would use the current message in the folder:
       % whom -draftfolder +drafts
	 smith: address OK

In the next example, searches for message 2 in the folder
       % whom -draftfolder +drafts -draftmessage 2
	 davis@hostname: address OK

Profile Components
       Path:	       To determine your MH directory (mh-dir)
       Draft-Folder:   To find the default draft-folder
       postproc:       Program to post the message

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       comp(1mh), mh-alias(5mh), post(8mh)

whom(1mh)