Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scp between two servers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scp between two servers Post 302253044 by ultimatix on Thursday 30th of October 2008 10:08:11 PM
Old 10-30-2008
Thanks Wempy !!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp between 2 servers - invoked at 3rd server

I have a couple of servers that can't see each other and need to copy files from one to the other. I try to invoke scp from a 3rd server that can see both servers - get error msgs that are cryptic. from server C I can do scp user@serverA:~/file . scp file user@serverB:~ but if I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjohn-nj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is scp-ed over?

Hi all, i have a directory in server A. the directory path is /home/kevin. I need to scp the directory to another server B. i would like to ask, when i do a scp of the /home/kevin , i can expect all the files from A to go B. However, how about the hidden files? for example the ssh keys in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with scp

hi all in my script i was using the "scp" command to copy 2 files from a certain directory on server A to the same directory on another server B, but for some reason its only copying the first file in the directory. This is the frst time that i used the scp command,any ideas appreciated. thnks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to scp/sftp between two servers

I have four servers that for all intents and purposes are the same (I have the same profile on all four), North, South, Brooklyn & Queens. I have a script that scp's a file from Queens to brooklyn, and it runs just fine. I tried to replicate the script on South, to transfer a file to North, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this possible with SCP?

I normally download a directory recursively using: scp -r <name>@host:<path> . This has worked fine. As everyone knows this will download all of the directory named in <path> and all of the sub directories. I would like to know if it is possible to not download a particular file if it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

scp with su

Hi Friends, I am trying to copy some files over the network in between my linux servers. I am using scp command for this. by default direct ssh root login is disabled on all of my linux servers. Normaly we used to login as a normal user and the su to th root user. unfortunately root user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp without password between two servers

Hello Folks, I have two linux server accounts server1 and server2 From the terminal if I say this command, scp /source/folder/from/server1/unix.txt user@server2.com:/destination/folder/ Then it prompts for the password user@server2.com's password: I enter my password and then it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate scp between servers

Hello, Could someone please help me with the below requirement? I need to automate scp files between two servers. I have a file having server names and paths to the folder like below server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server2 /path/to/folder/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
4 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)