Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there any better way for sorting in bash/awk Post 302252994 by joeyg on Thursday 30th of October 2008 09:42:33 PM
Old 10-30-2008
Question

The first position is the row number.
You are then sorting all the members on each row?
That would be positions 2 thru 6?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sorting

Hi, I have used the following code to sort two sets of data: awk '{printf "%10s %s\n",$1,$2}' The first column is text and the second involves numbers. I was just wondering how i would go about sorting the second number so that they ascend from the top? Thanks for any help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaken
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting in awk

i have following file have following type of data 1~%%~fcashfafh~%%~9797 can i sort(numeric) the file on first field and then on last feild using awk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK, sorting-if and print help.

Little-bit of awk experience, need some of the expert help on here. Browsed around here, got a little further, but I am still missing some pieces. Can you help me fill-in my missing awk cells? Sample data file (leaving out ","'s): Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting with sed,awk ...

I need to sort this input using sed, awk or any other tool to give below output Input: RXOCF-8 CLASS 2A 57 RU 40 RXORX-8-0 CLASS 1B 23 45 16 RXORX-8-1 EXTERNAL CLASS 2A (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting inside awk

I have an array with five columns and i want to write it to a file. Before writing it i must sort it using the field in the fifth column. _________________________________________ |field 1|field 2|field 3|field 4|field 5| | | | | | | | | | |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/GREP sorting help

hi everyone, I am kind of new to this forum. I need help in sorting this data out accordingly, I am actually doing a traceroute application and wants my AS path displayed in front of my address like this; 192.168.1.1 AS28513 AS65534 AS5089 AS5089 .... till the last AS number and if possible sort... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam127
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a .csv using awk or other

Hello all, I am new here and *relatively* new to Unix. I have a bit of an emergency. I have a three column file that I need to sort: sample name, miRNA, reads per million (RPM) There are multiple samples, and for each sample name there are multiple miRNAs and associated RPMs. Some of these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunnybocter
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting within a record using AWK

Hello, I have a file which has the following format: I have to do is sort individual records in the file based on the 4th field. Each record starts with "Module". Is there an easy way to do this using awk. I have tried piping output from awk to sort and also using "sort" inside awk but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifteate
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive File Renaming & Natural Sorting (Bash)

NB! I have already started a thread on this subject on ComputerHope (with the thread title "Recursive File Renaming & Logical Sorting"). However, on ComputerHope they are perhaps more specialized in Windows Command Prompt, and not that much in shell scripts for Bash (I guess). I have a bulk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JewzeyfGhewbelz
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk sorting with different values

Hello, I have a file as follows: BTA Pos KLD 4 79.7011 5.7711028907 4 79.6231 5.7083918219 5 20.9112 4.5559494707 5 58.0002 3.4423546273 6 38.2569 4.7108176788 6 18.3889 7.3631759258 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies
INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)							 1						       INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)

ingres_fetch_row - Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array

SYNOPSIS
array ingres_fetch_row (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
ingres_fetch_row(3) returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows. Each result column is stored in an array offset, starting at offset 1. Subsequent calls to ingres_fetch_row(3) return the next row in the result set, or FALSE if there are no more rows. By default, arrays created by ingres_fetch_row(3) start from position 1 and not 0 as with other DBMS extensions. The starting position can be adjusted to 0 using the configuration parameter ingres.array_index_start. Note Related Configurations See also the ingres.array_index_start, ingres.fetch_buffer_size and ingres.utf8 directives in Runtime Configuration. PARAMETERS
o $result - The query result identifier RETURN VALUES
Returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array <?php $link = ingres_connect($database, $user, $password); $result = ingres_query($link, "select * from table"); while ($row = ingres_fetch_row($result)) { echo $row[1]; echo $row[2]; } ?> SEE ALSO
ingres_num_fields(3), ingres_query(3), ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_assoc(3), ingres_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)