Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting Windows Directories using Korn script. Post 302252941 by joeyg on Thursday 30th of October 2008 04:31:20 PM
Old 10-30-2008
Question

ls -l
would normally list files in name order, with lots of details on each entry

ls -l | grep "^d"
would then just provide those that are directory

Is this what you are tryign to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Windows and the Korn shell

I just found this story about how microsoft tried to integrate Unix like shell scripting in NT. It dates back 1997 but it is still funny: And David Korn version of it: http://slashdot.org/articles/01/02/06/2030205.shtml (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting list of directories on windows using ftp

is this possible ? i want to get the complete path of current working directory and folders under that directory ( ignore the files in them ) on windows usingn ftp from a unix box The reason i am asking is because I need to write a script so that whenever a user creates a folder on windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

map windows directories to unix

How to map the windows directories to unix filepath using perl scripts? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting files in different directories

hi everybody, first time writing. Here's my question: I've got several files in different directories like this: aa/t1 aa/bb/t2 aa/t2 aa/bb/cc/t1 aa/t3 and would like to get this sorting: aa/t1 aa/bb/cc/t1 aa/t2 aa/bb/t2 aa/t3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Camisa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

MKS KORN SHELL WONT EXECUTE from windows command prompt

Can anybody help me with this small script , the script works fine and launches the IE from c:\documents and settings \test\my documents>ksh prompt $RunURL1.sh this scitpt works and launches the ie from ksh , but when i schedule it to run the script then i get the error box saying command:1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in listing directories inside korn shell script

Hi All, I need to loop through each item in current path, if it is a direcotry do soemthing, if its a file jsut skip it and move to next item in loop. Tried if test ! -d $i then echo "The current item $i is not a directory" continue fi This doesnt seems to be working .... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass script with parameter in korn shell script

I have written a script which will take input parameter as another script. However, if the script passed as input parameter has parameters then this script doesn't work. I have a script b.ksh which has 1 and 2 as parameters I have a script c.ksh which has 3,4 and 5 as parameters vi a.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vee
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)