Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris EVGA Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS and OpenSolaris Post 302252747 by FloridaBSD on Thursday 30th of October 2008 08:29:43 AM
Old 10-30-2008
thanks for the link reburg.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

geforce 4 and Xwin in BSD

Has anyone had any luck in using a newer Geforce card in BSD? I dont really care about 3d accel as of now, just trying to get X up with a standard 1024x768 display would be nice :rolleyes: Never mind, just read on web that nvidea is planning on making drivers for fbsd now that the latest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdjunkie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kdmconfig for NVIDIA

I have installed Solaris on my Dell machine, but I can't get the display driver to work. I have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT2, but when I select that adapter in kdmconfig, I get the message: Could'nt probe screen #0 InitOutput: AddScreen failed for SUNWnvidia I can use the generic 16 color display... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nvidia drviers

hi guys i tryed to in stall nvidia driver the other day then i got no kernel found i installed the latest kernal for the drivers rpm based from ftp.nvidia.com and downloaded the pkg 1,2 and the src and the reg bin rpm installed it and droped out of X and init 3 and went to the cmd line and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3bumbs plumming
1 Replies

4. Solaris

nVidia + CMI sound

Hi there, can somebohy help me with Solaris 8 (x86) ver. 02/2002. I cannot run it with nVidia GeForce 2 MX 440 graphic card in resolution up to 640x480. Is there some driver for this card? And this problen is with sound card CMI 8738. If somebody can write me a location, where I can download it or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotrcka
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

FC3 / NVidia Issue

having problems with the NVidia Driver Package #6629 using Fedora Core 3... failure to initialize NVidia Kernel... ...this appears to be a pretty common problem and other faqs/forums have yet to find a solution... the xorg.conf.log states these errors... (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMSS013
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for Geforce 6200 driver for Redhat 8.0

I would like to know how to find the Nvidia Geforce 6200 driver for Redhat 8.0? Please help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexhon
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Geforce 7300LE Driver

Hi guys. I have installed fedora 14 and in appearance menu all text is shown like monochrome(it is on Best Contrast but text is like monochrome). i want to install nvidia driver so i looked at package manager and the only package is installed is "X.Org X11 nouveau video driver". anything else... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
0 Replies

8. Fedora

Nvidia Module Not Loading (Desktop Gone)

Well, I followed the steps in the Debian wiki here to install the drivers for the following video card: $ lspci | grep VGA 03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF104 (rev a1)I confirmed the correct driver is installed. As you probably see I've tried this a few times and a few... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Azrael
1 Replies
link(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   link(1)

NAME
link, unlink - Creates an additional directory entry for an existing file SYNOPSIS
link file1 file2 unlink file STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: link: XCU5.0 unlink: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The link command performs the link() system call to create an additional directory entry for an existing file, file1. In effect, the underlying file then has two names, file1 and file2 (either of these arguments can be a pathname). The old and new entries share equal access rights to the underlying file. The unlink command performs the unlink() system call to remove a link to file created by link. The unlink command removes the directory entry specified by the file parameter and, if the entry is a hard link, decrements the link count of the file referenced by the link. You should be familiar with the link() and unlink() system calls before you use these commands. The link and unlink commands do not issue error messages when the associated system call is unsuccessful. NOTES
The link and unlink commands cannot be used to link and unlink directories. EXIT STATUS
The link and unlink commands both exit with the following: The link() or unlink() system call succeeded. Too few or too many arguments specified. The link() or unlink() system call failed. SEE ALSO
Commands: fsck(8), ln(1) Functions: link(2), unlink(2) link(1)