Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scp between two servers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scp between two servers Post 302252721 by wempy on Thursday 30th of October 2008 07:32:18 AM
Old 10-30-2008

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp between 2 servers - invoked at 3rd server

I have a couple of servers that can't see each other and need to copy files from one to the other. I try to invoke scp from a 3rd server that can see both servers - get error msgs that are cryptic. from server C I can do scp user@serverA:~/file . scp file user@serverB:~ but if I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjohn-nj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is scp-ed over?

Hi all, i have a directory in server A. the directory path is /home/kevin. I need to scp the directory to another server B. i would like to ask, when i do a scp of the /home/kevin , i can expect all the files from A to go B. However, how about the hidden files? for example the ssh keys in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with scp

hi all in my script i was using the "scp" command to copy 2 files from a certain directory on server A to the same directory on another server B, but for some reason its only copying the first file in the directory. This is the frst time that i used the scp command,any ideas appreciated. thnks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to scp/sftp between two servers

I have four servers that for all intents and purposes are the same (I have the same profile on all four), North, South, Brooklyn & Queens. I have a script that scp's a file from Queens to brooklyn, and it runs just fine. I tried to replicate the script on South, to transfer a file to North, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this possible with SCP?

I normally download a directory recursively using: scp -r <name>@host:<path> . This has worked fine. As everyone knows this will download all of the directory named in <path> and all of the sub directories. I would like to know if it is possible to not download a particular file if it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

scp with su

Hi Friends, I am trying to copy some files over the network in between my linux servers. I am using scp command for this. by default direct ssh root login is disabled on all of my linux servers. Normaly we used to login as a normal user and the su to th root user. unfortunately root user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp without password between two servers

Hello Folks, I have two linux server accounts server1 and server2 From the terminal if I say this command, scp /source/folder/from/server1/unix.txt user@server2.com:/destination/folder/ Then it prompts for the password user@server2.com's password: I enter my password and then it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate scp between servers

Hello, Could someone please help me with the below requirement? I need to automate scp files between two servers. I have a file having server names and paths to the folder like below server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server2 /path/to/folder/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
4 Replies
ypmake(1M)																ypmake(1M)

NAME
ypmake - create or rebuild Network Information Service databases SYNOPSIS
source_directory] NIS_domain] passwd_file] shadow_file] [map [map ...]] source_directory] NIS_domain] passwd_file] shadow_file] [map ...] Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (yp). Although the name has changed, the functionality of the service remains the same. DESCRIPTION
is a shell script that builds one or more Network Information Service (NIS) maps (databases) on a master NIS server. If no arguments are specified, either creates maps if they do not already exist or rebuilds maps that are not current. These maps are constructed from ASCII files. then executes to notify slave NIS servers of the change and make the slave servers copy the updated maps to their machines (see yppush(1M)). If any maps are supplied on the command line, creates or updates those maps only. Permissible names for maps are the filenames in listed under FILES below. In addition, specific maps can be named, such as or The command can be used instead of (see make(1)). The no longer calls the script but now actually constructs the maps. All NIS commands have been modified to use the instead of The and can co-exist, but it is recommended that you consider using the which is the standard mechanism for building maps on other vendor's machines. Both the and script use five variables: The directory containing the ASCII source files from which maps are constructed. defaults to Causes to construct maps for the specified NIS_domain. defaults to the NIS domain shown by (see domainname(1)). When non-null (null by default), inhibits copying the new or updated databases to the slave NIS servers. Only slave NIS servers in the specified domain receive notification when is null. Does the same thing as and sends a "clear current map" request to the local process. Specifies the full pathname of the ASCII file that should use when building the NIS passwd maps. defaults to Specifies the full pathname of the ASCII file that must use in conjunction with the to build NIS password maps. is ignored if is set to 0 in defaults to The order of arguments passed to is unimportant, but the maps are built or updated in the left-to-right order provided. Refer to ypfiles(4) and ypserv(1M) for an overview of Network Information Service. NOTE: The file contains IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. collects data from the file and builds four maps, namely and The and maps contain IPv4 data and the and maps contain IPv4 and IPv6 data. DIAGNOSTICS
returns one of the following exit codes upon completion: 0 Normal termination; no problems. 1 One or more unrecognized arguments were passed. 2 The NIS domain name is not set. 3 The subdirectory used to contain maps for a specific NIS domain, does not exist or is not writable. 4 An error was encountered when building at least one of the maps. 5 One or more maps' ASCII files do not exist or are unreadable. EXAMPLES
Create or rebuild the password databases (both the and maps) from and use to copy the databases to any slave NIS servers in the default NIS domain: Create or rebuild the hosts databases from but do not copy the databases to any slave NIS servers: Create or rebuild the network maps from and copy the maps to any slave NIS servers in NIS domain AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
SEE ALSO
domainname(1), make(1), makedbm(1M), ypinit(1M), yppush(1M), ypserv(1M), group(4), hosts(4), netgroup(4), networks(4), passwd(4), proto- cols(4), publickey(4), rpc(4), services(4), ypfiles(4). ypmake(1M)