Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expand ufs Filesystems
Operating Systems Solaris Expand ufs Filesystems Post 302252487 by Serano on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 03:21:13 PM
Old 10-29-2008
Hi,

just a small question about this.

Do you like to use ZFS or would you take the "old fashioned" way Smilie ?.
With zfs you make a pool with your new disks an cut out your filesystems from the whole bunch.

Think about it. zfs could be the better way, possible the easier. SVM or ZFS ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal Expand

hi guys. i have written a script/program and i would strongly prefer if this script automatically expands the user's terminal whenever he or she starts the script. this is so the script/program can fit on the user's screeen without user having to manually drag and spread his screen. what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expand logic for > and <

Hi Input A12345678901234567890 < A12345678901234567890 AND C12345678901234567890 < D12345678901234567890 AND E12345678901234567890 > F12345678901234567890 If the length of the line at any point exceed more than 60 chars it should come to next line but it should not break a variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to expand the same word?

Hi All, May I know how to expand the words? e.g: a aa aaa aaaa I have try to use for (i=0;i<5;i++) do c="a" echo -n $c done but the output is aaaaa. Is it need to use array?:confused: Thanks for your help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to expand who command?

When I do the who command it doesn't show all my info: $w gscn 6:08PM up 4 days, 20:33, 177 users, load averages: 7.46, 3.78, 3.43 USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE WHAT gscn R1 pool-92-199-17-1 5:46PM - w gscn Like in the 'From' column.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
8 Replies

6. AIX

Expand LUN

Hello all, I have the following env: * DS4300 storage SAN * AIX 5.3 Lpar (storage through vio server) * AIX 5.3 Server Some FS are too small do I'm setting up a process to increase the size of the FS. To expand the size of the FS I plan to do the following for the physical AIX server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

7. AIX

Expand LV

Under the df command, one of my logical volumes, /dev/hd4, was showing 100% Used, so I added 2 logical partitions, but its still showing 100% used. Is there a separate command I need to execute to reallocate? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to expand three LVMs?

Hello All, It goes like this.. I have increased the data hard drive of server by 100GB and rebooted the server. I want to expand each of the LVM's by 30GB each .There are totally three LVMS to be expanded.Any help on complete commands that needs to be followed?Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
ZFS-FUSE(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						       ZFS-FUSE(8)

NAME
zfs-fuse - ZFS filesystem daemon SYNOPSIS
zfs-fuse [--pidfile filename] [--no-daemon] [--no-kstat-mount] [--disable-block-cache] [--disable-page-cache] [--fuse-attr-timeout SECONDS] [--fuse-entry-timeout SECONDS] [--log-uberblocks] [--max-arc-size MB] [--fuse-mount-options OPT,OPT,OPT...] [--min-uberblock-txg MIN] [--stack-size=size] [--enable-xattr] [--help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the zfs-fuse command. zfs-fuse is a daemon which provides support for the ZFS filesystem, via fuse. Ordinarily this daemon will be invoked from system boot scripts. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h --help Show summary of options. -p filename --pidfile filename Write the daemon's PID to filename after daemonizing. Ignored if --no-daemon is passed. filename should be a fully-qualified path. -n --no-daemon Stay in foreground, don't daemonize. --no-kstat-mount Do not mount kstats in /zfs-kstat --disable-block-cache Enable direct I/O for disk operations. Completely disables caching reads and writes in the kernel block cache. Breaks mmap() in ZFS datasets too. --disable-page-cache Disable the page cache for files residing within ZFS filesystems. Not recommended as it slows down I/O operations considerably. -a SECONDS --fuse-attr-timeout SECONDS Sets timeout for caching FUSE attributes in kernel. Defaults to 0.0. Higher values give a 40% performance boost. -e SECONDS --fuse-entry-timeout SECONDS Sets timeout for caching FUSE entries in kernel. Defaults to 0.0. Higher values give a 10000% performance boost but cause file permission checking security issues. --log-uberblocks Logs uberblocks of any mounted filesystem to syslog -m MB --max-arc-size MB Forces the maximum ARC size (in megabytes). Range: 16 to 16384. -o OPT... --fuse-mount-options OPT,OPT,OPT... Sets FUSE mount options for all filesystems. Format: comma-separated string of characters. -u MIN --min-uberblock-txg MIN Skips uberblocks with a TXG < MIN when mounting any fs -v MB --vdev-cache-size MB adjust the size of the vdev cache. Default : 10 --zfs-prefetch-disable Disable the high level prefetch cache in zfs. This thing can eat up to 150 Mb of ram, maybe more --stack-size=size Limit the stack size of threads (in kb). default : no limit (8 Mb for linux) -x --enable-xattr Enable support for extended attributes. Not generally recommended because it currently has a significant performance penalty for many small IOPS -h --help Show this usage summary. REMARKS ON PRECEDENCE
Note that the parameters passed on the command line take precedence over those supplied through /etc/zfs/zfsrc. BUGS
/CAVEATS The path to the configuration file (/etc/zfs/zfsrc) cannot at this time be configured. Most existing packages suggest settings can be set at the top of their init script. These get frequently overridden by a (distribution specific) /etc/default/zfs-fuse file, if it exists. Be sure to look at these places if you want your changes to options to take effect. The /etc/zfs/zfsrc is going to be the recommended approach in the future. So, packagers, please refrain from passing commandline parameters within the initscript (except for --pid-file). SEE ALSO
zfs (8), zpool (8), zdb(8), zstreamdump(8), /etc/zfs/zfsrc AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bryan Donlan bdonlan@gmail.com for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation, or the Common Development and Distribution License. Revised by Seth Heeren zfs-fuse@sehe.nl On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. The text of the Common Development and Distribution Licence may be found at /usr/share/doc/zfs-fuse/copyright COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Bryan Donlan [FIXME: source] 2010-06-09 ZFS-FUSE(8)