Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to sca a sequential file and fetch some substring data from it Post 302252470 by manmeet on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 01:55:59 PM
Old 10-29-2008
Thanks ......Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading special characters while converting sequential file to line sequential

We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from a text file in Unix

I want to fetch passwords from a common file xxxx.txt and use it in a script. Currently the password is hardcoded so this have to be changed so that password can be fetched from text file..... Please reply asap.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch substring from html code

hello mates. please help me out once again. i have a html file where i want to fetch out one value from the entire html-code sample html code: ..... <b>Amount:<b> 12345</div> ... now i only want to fetch the 12345 from the html document. how to i tell sed to get me the value from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to scan a sequential file to fetch some of the records?

Hi I am working on a script which needs to scan a sequential file and fetch the row where 2nd column = 'HUB' Can any one help me with this... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manmeet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fetch substring from records into another file

Hi all, Im stuck in findind solution to ths problem. Please guide me if u have any ideas. I have two files. ===FILE1=== >bi|2138271|geb|AAC15885.1|precursor MRVIAAAMLYLYIVVLAICSVGIQGIDYPSVSFNLAGAKSATWDFLRMPHDLVGEDNKYNDGEPITGNII... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data between two timestamps in a file using KSH

Hi, I got a requirement to fetch data between two time stamps in a big log file and grep for a word in that particular time interval of data. Here is my log looks like: 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Abcdefg 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Hijklmnophhoishfw 2012/04/08-14:35:56... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siri_886
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data between two dates from a file

Hi All, I m new to this forum & UNix too. currently i have a requirement which can fetch data from a logfile between two dates or timestamp. for example: 1. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 2. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 07 3. data from 2012 Jun 16 10:20 to 2012 Jul 03 10:10 Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sequential files and store data in single file

1)In a particualr path i have a set of inputfiles like path:/defaultmis/MonthlyLoads/INFA_EXPORT_022013/map* example: 1)map_de 2)map_cod 3)map_feg ........and so on in above path there wil be nearly 15 to 20 files starting with map and in other path i have another file input file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to fetch specific data from a file.?

Hi , I have a file which contains 2 days logs(here it is 24 and 25) I want to list data only for date 25 fron the file. please suggest me how should i get this. file content mentioned below 17-05-24 Name Succ Fail 00:00:29 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data from file

Hi, I am new to scripting. I have a log file and need to fetch specific logs and copy to another file. A copy of the log is like this: =============================================================== = JOB : server123#jobs1.jobstream1 = USER : andyc = Tue 08/01/17... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prngp
3 Replies
Canto-fetch(1)							    Canto-fetch 						    Canto-fetch(1)

NAME
Canto-fetch - A quiet feed fetcher. DESCRIPTION
Canto-fetch is designed to be run through a cron job, every minute. Every time it's run, it checks the timestamp on each index file and updates the feed, if necessary. The format it produces is a simple UTF-8 encoded, NULL delimited text file on disk, readable by the canto client. GETTING STARTED
Canto-fetch is meant to be used through a cron, adding this line to your crontab will cause canto-fetch to poll every minute. * * * * * canto-fetch Alternatively, if you're unable/uncomfortable using cron, canto-fetch has a background daemon mode so you can invoke it in your X session scripts. Just use canto-fetch -b USAGE
These options correspond to options to the canto client. -h / --help Print usage and quit. -v / --version Print version and quit. -V / --verbose Output status while updating. -d / --daemon Continue to check for updates every minute. Mostly for debugging with -V, users probably want -b to background. -b / --background Detach from the terminal (implies -d) -f / --force Force updates on all feeds, ignoring timestamps. -s / --sysfp Use feedparser on system instead of builtin copy. -C / --conf [PATH] Set path to configuration file (default: ~/.canto/conf) -F / --fdir [PATH] Set path to feed directory (default: ~/.canto/feeds/) -L / --log [PATH] Set path to log (default: ~/.canto/fetchlog) -S / --sdir [PATH] Set the path to execurl scripts (default ~/.canto/scripts/) FILES
~/.canto/fetchlog Canto-fetch log file. ~/.canto/feeds/ This is the directory where canto-fetch records stories. BUGS
None known, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility =P. HOMEPAGE
http://codezen.org/canto AUTHOR
Jack Miller <jack@codezen.org> Version 0.7.10 27 July 2010 Canto-fetch(1)