Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Mirrored root and swap HP9000 machine Post 302252416 by NicoMan on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 11:11:35 AM
Old 10-29-2008
We didn't have any hardware support .... ever!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade HP9000 HP-UX 10.20 to 11.00

To all expert members, i need your help. We have an existing HP9000 K-Class 32-bit with HP-UX 10.20 OS installed and we would like to upgrade it to HP-UX 11.00. I am not really confident in doing upgrades in our system because i don't have any experience or trainings on this. If somebody can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
3 Replies

2. Solaris

restore mirrored root

Hi, I have an ultra60 SUN Server with Solaris 10 4/04 S.O. installed on. I mirrored root disk and now I try to restore this. I simulate that I have lose the root FS, not for a hardware faillure but for a software problem and I can't use "meta"commands for using a good submirror. I must restore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

3. Solaris

formula to get the swap space on a machine

Hello there are different opinions on how to get the swap space on Solaris. some say: swap -s and the space= used + available others say swap -l (donno how they get the swap size) other say 'top' command others say using format command (in print sub-command) Could you please advise on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

migrate zpool root mirrored to other server by network

I have two servers, the first server is a sun x4170 and i need transfer zpool root (with all system) that this moment is mirror to new server x4200 , i don't now how can i clone , copy o migrate rpool (root) in new server by network. The two servers are different sites. Do i need jumpstart or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombe
0 Replies

5. SCO

Reset root OR crack old sco 3.2 machine

I have an old compaq running sco 3.2. the old IT guy died and we need to reset the password OR crack into the machine. I have tried mscreen and at exploits but can't seem to get them to work. I have access with other user accounts. This is a machine we own. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP9000 Container - NFS Issue

I am running HP9000 Containers version A.03.01. I have the container up and running. I now need to mount an exported file system from another HPUX server with both read and write permissions. I can get the mount okay but from the container I cannot read or write properly to the mounted file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaleRider
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SWAP command not working on Linux machine

Hi I am working on linux machine and swap command is not working Linux Machine On Solaris machine it is working fine: uname -a SunOS rgsm01 5.9 Generic_118558-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 swap -s total: 6596320k bytes allocated + 1035968k reserved = 7632288k used, 38893408k available ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Basant Mishra
5 Replies

9. Hardware

HP9000 Server - Stuck on RAID0

Hey all, I've got an old HP9000 L1000 server with HP-UX installed. The drives that the OS is running on are in RAID0. I am concerned for the reliability of the server. The four hard drives in the front of the server are LVD 18.2 drives. I know with RAID0, if one drive fails, they all fail. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroselli
2 Replies
ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)										  ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_get_supported_types - return information on supported hardware interrupt types SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_get_supported_types(dev_info_t *dip, int *typesp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) dip Pointer to dev_info structure typesp Pointer to supported interrupt types The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function retrieves the interrupt types supported by a particular hardware device and by the system soft- ware. Upon successful return, the supported types are returned as a bit mask in the integer pointed to by the typesp argument. See <sys/ddi_intr.h> for a list of interrupts that can be returned by a hardware device. For PCI devices that support MSI and/or MSI-X based hardware, this interface returns only the interrupt types that are supported by all the hardware in the path to the hardware device. An interrupt type is usable by the hardware device if it is returned by the ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function. The device driver can be programmed to use one of the returned interrupt types to receive hardware interrupts. The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS On success. DDI_EINVAL On encountering invalid input parameters. DDI_INTR_NOTFOUND Returned when the hardware device is found not to support any hardware interrupts. CONTEXT
The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called from user or kernel non-interrupt context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pci(4), attributes(5), pcmcia(7D), sysbus(4), ddi_intr_add_handler(9F), ddi_intr_alloc(9F), ddi_intr_enable(9F) The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called by the device driver even at any time if the driver has added an interrupt han- dler for a given interrupt type. Soft interrupts are always usable and are not returned by this interface. Any consumer of this interface should verify that the return value is not equal to DDI_SUCCESS. Incomplete checking for failure codes could result in inconsistent behavior among platforms. 07 Apr 2005 ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)