Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete files if they exist
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete files if they exist Post 302252372 by pederlol on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 09:53:55 AM
Old 10-29-2008
Or alternatively:

rm (res* exept res0.om)

???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in 2 files and delete if file exist

Hi there, I have written a script called "compare" (see below) to make comparison between 2 files namely test_put.log and Output_A0.log #!/bin/ksh while read file do found="no" while read line do echo $line | grep $file > /dev/null if then echo $file found found="yes" break fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: When dealing with files that do not exist

I have a process run weekly where I must convert data formats for about thirty files. I read a text file that provides all of the filenames and switch settings. My perl code is: for ($j = 1; $j <= $k; $j++) { open(FIN2,$fin2) || die "open: $!"; do other stuff } Every once in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

testing if files exist

I am trying to test arguments to see if they are files in any directory. I have : but it's not working (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooly5
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all the files in folder a which exist in folder b

Hi , I need a script which basically deltes all files in folder a which are alreasy present in folder b say folder a has files abc.txt pqr .txt and b has abc.txt pqr.txt rmr.txt then file abc.txt and pqr.txt from a should be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viv1
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out whether files exist.

I have the following data stored in a file. 1 /home/file13 /home/file2 2 /home/file41 /home/file654 3 /home/file61 /home/file45 4 /home/file81 /home/file43 ... I want to print the first column provided the files represented by the second and third column exist. How to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mail if files do not exist

Hi all! I need some help with a script, but I want to make it better, my script prints the last two files on each directory: echo " " echo "******************* mediation_sgsn:***********************" ls -lrt /moneta_collected03/mediation_sgsn | tail -2 echo " " echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exist for multiple files

Hi, I am unable to achieve the file exist conditions if there are multiple files same similar name for e.g. in a $Direct i am having files like aus.txt aus.txt_pr aus.txt_2012 i need to put a file exist condition like which is not working then echo "File present" but the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does rsync check and ignore files that already exist?

Hi, We have two (2) servers named primary and standby. There is a directory named /db01/archive that we need to keep in-sync. Files get transferred from primary and standby. Sometimes when we do a failover or when there is a network issue, some files fail to get transferred. I want to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if 10 files exist

Hi All, Whenever i get 10 files(file names like sales*) then another file need to create. May i know how to implement this in KSH. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddireddy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command when there exist many files

I want to run find and wondering if it struggles when there are many files. I have tried and does not seem to complain. Is this correct? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies
delete directory(1m)													      delete directory(1m)

NAME
delete directory - Deletes a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete directory directory-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The delete directory command deletes a directory. The directory cannot contain any object entries, soft links, or child pointers. The master replica must be the only remaining replica in the cell. Use the delete replica command if you need to remove read-only replicas. Privilege Required You must have delete permission to the directory and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the master replica of the directory. The server principal needs administer permission to the parent directory or delete permission to the child pointer that points to the directory you intend to delete. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes the directory /.:/eng from the namespace: cdscp> delete directory /.:/eng RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete replica(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) delete directory(1m)