Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cut problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut problem Post 302252275 by samir_standing on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 06:44:04 AM
Old 10-29-2008
Thanks a lot, it's working fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut command problem !

Hi all! Here is my problem : $ more file yougli:passwd:123456:3265:Yepa Yepo:/home/yougli:/bin/ksh As you can see, in the field "information", there are two spaces between "Yepa" and "yepo". My problem is : $ PARAM='more file | cut -d":" -f5' $ echo $PARAM Yepa Yepo Now i only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomapam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with cut command

I am trying to take one part of my text from file and save it to variable $x I tryed this... x=`cut -c 6-9 $fajl` my file looks like this fajl: 21890001277 89386911 23638FBCDC 28EE01A1 0000 26855 124 244326 21890001277 89766911 23638FBCDC 28E021A1 0000 26557 134 684326 21890001277... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut and WhiteSpace Problem

Hi, I have a shell script that reads a parameter file to set variables. I have an issue when the parameter I try to read contains whitespace. e.g File Contents Code The result is SUBJECT is set to and I want subject set to I've tried different variations but nothing seems to... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Greygor
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with cut

I need to read in a file and output it without the comments or newlines. The problem is that is not outputting it properly. STUDENTSDETAILFILE="../data/studentDetails.txt" for getlines in `sed '/#/d' $STUDENTSDETAILFILE` do STUDENTID=`echo $getlines | cut -d: -f1` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerdbot
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT command problem

Hi I have a strange problem when using cut command when i am using the below command, it is working fine,I am getting the data in new file xyz.dat cut -c 1-75 abc.dat > xyz.dat when i am using the below command, I am getting the data in new file abc.dat , but empty file cut -c 1-75... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with cut command

Hi! I get a md5 hash of a file with this command: openssl md5 /Users/me/MyLogo.png | cut -f 2 -d ' ' "cut" because I just want the hash. But there is a problem -> that doen't work with a path with spaces: openssl md5 /Users/me/MyLogo 2.png | cut -f 2 -d ' ' The result is "2.png)=" ...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dirk Einecke
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with cut and wc

Hi, I am facing issue with cut and wc. here is the sample. the data in file - tail -1 05_19_BT_TBL_LOAD_20120524064242.bad|cut -c9-58 WatsSaver - AGGREGATED PLAN1581 CALLS FOR 2872.6 tail -1 05_19_BT_TBL_LOAD_20120524064242.bad|cut -c9-58|wc -c 51 tail -1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: donadarsh
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Cut and paste

Hi, I have a file like this --> Consider z as space #cat filename ABC <!--Nzzzzz--> <!--RESUMO--> EFG XYZ <!--Nzzzzz--> <!--RESUMO--> I need to cut the <!--RESUMO--> part and paste it to the previous line so that the file will look like this--> ABC <!--Nzzzzz--><!--RESUMO-->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsonata
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with echo and cut

Hi, My source file happens to be src.src with following contents: 1,liv 52,syrup,twice a day,children When I do a : for ii in `cat src.src` do echo $ii medicine_name=`echo $ii | cut -f -d2","` echo $medicine_name done I get output of echo $medicine_name as : an the output of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in using cut command

Hi Friend , i have one file say xyz.lst and it has content like dn: cn=m.hariharan,cn=employee,cn=delhi circle,cn=users,dc=industowers,dc=c dn: cn=ajay.jain,cn=employee,cn=gujarat circle,cn=users,dc=industowers,dc=com dn: cn=ajitkumar.thakor,cn=employee,cn=gujarat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish anand
4 Replies
exchange-connector-setup(1)					   User Commands				       exchange-connector-setup(1)

NAME
evolution-connector-setup - a GUI for configuring Evolution's exchange connector. SYNOPSIS
exchange-connector-setup [--help] [--usage] [--version] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
A GUI tool to setup exchange accounts for Evolution. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -?, --help Display help text. --usage Display brief usage text. --version Display version information. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXIT STATUS
Application always returns 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution-exchange | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Irene Huang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 7 Jun 2006 exchange-connector-setup(1)