Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris zones
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris zones Post 302252208 by jegaraman on Wednesday 29th of October 2008 03:18:29 AM
Old 10-29-2008
Hi duke,

# dladm show-dev
ce0 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
ce1 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
ce2 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
ce3 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
ce4 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
ce5 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full

Kindly let me know if you have any ideas..

Regards
J

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Zones

okay people i need some help: i was able to configure zones on my solaris 10 server, the problem is I can't ssh into the zones!!! I can zlogin -C zone2 successfully for both zones. Am I missing something? I can ping the zones, but can't ssh. From the zones, I can ping my global server. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Regarding Solaris Zones

Hello All, I have a list of Local Zones in my list. I want to find out their Global Zone names exactly....I know the command "arp ..."But I dont know how to filter it correctly and find it out. Thanks in advance, Jacky (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Zones

I have a Solaris 10 box configured with a global zone and 3 non-global zones. All of the zones need to be configured so they can access and run an application in the global zone located at /export/home. How do i make this application and all of its accompanying files available to the 3 non-global... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi Every, I would like to know some questions on Zones??? 1.what are types of zones we can install in global zone??? 2.Exact difference between sparce root and whole root??? 3.can we change the ip address of a running zone??? 4.how to find our in which zone we are running and how many... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi, I created a zone with separate /usr for the zone. when I do ping to newly created zone it showing alive, I am able to login through zone console zlogin -C -E <zone name> I created a test account on zone which is already existing under global zone and try to ssh, it is working fine but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alberto
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris zones and PATH

Hi, I use a zoned solaris box, 5.10 Generic_118833-33, E2900. It is used for both a database and application. The databases are installated on one zone and then there are separate live, development and test application zones. There has been a requirement to install openldap on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Zones

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on solaris zones earlier. I have a query regarding the zones. We have MQ software installed on a solaris container. I am not sure on which zone this s/w is intalled. I have logged into this container via putty. When I search for the package, I got the package... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandi
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi friends, Actually I faced problem in solaris zone. i was created 4 zones on my server. but one of them is not working ? so, where i wll get the error logs, and how to troubleshoot the problem. i have some kind of urgency. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris zones

Hi guys and gals, Does anyone know how to import solaris zones from the xml files that sit in /etc/zones? I want the zones from one machine to another, all I have is the XML files for the zones, so I can't export them first. Thanks in advance Martin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
dmfe(7D)							      Devices								  dmfe(7D)

NAME
dmfe - Davicom Fast Ethernet driver for Davicom DM9102A SYNOPSIS
/kernel/drv/sparcv9/dmfe DESCRIPTION
The dmfe Ethernet device provides 100Base-TX networking interfaces using the Davicom DM9102A chip, which incorporates its own internal transceiver. The dmfe driver functions include controller initialization, frame transmit and receive, promiscuous and multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. Multiple controllers installed within the system are supported by the driver. The 100Base-TX standard specifies an auto-negotiation protocol to automatically select the mode and speed of operation. The internal trans- ceiver is capable of performing auto-negotiation with the remote-end of the link (link partner) and receives the capabilities of the remote end. It selects the highest common denominator mode of operation based on the priorities. The internal transceiver also supports a forced- mode of operation under which the driver selects the operational mode. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The /dev/dmfe cloning character-special device is used to access all Davicom DM9102A devices installed in the system. You must send an explicit DL_ATTACH_REQ message to associate the opened stream with a particular device (ppa). The ppa ID is interpreted as an unsigned integer data type and indicates the corresponding device instance (unit) number. If the ppa field value does not correspond to a valid device instance number for this system, an error (DL_ERROR_ACK) is returned. The device is initialized on first attach and de-ini- tialized (stopped) at last detach. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to a DL_INFO_REQ are as follows: o Maximum SDU is 1500 (ETHERMTU - defined in sys/ethernet.h). o Minimum SDU is 0. o DLSAP address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o The sap length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte sap component within the DLSAP address. o The broadcast address value is the Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). Once in the DL_ATTACHED state, you must send a DL_BIND_REQ to associate a particular Service Access Point (SAP) with the stream. CONFIGURATION
By default, the dmfe driver performs auto-negotiation to select the speed and mode of the link. Link speed and mode can be 100 Mbps (full or half-duplex) or 10 Mbps (full or half-duplex) as described in the 100Base-TX standard. The auto-negotiation protocol automatically selects speed mode (either 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps) and operation mode (either full-duplex or half- duplex) as the highest common denominator supported by both link partners. Because the dmfe device supports all modes, this effectively selects the highest-throughput mode supported by the other device. Alternatively, you can explicitly specify the link parameters by adding entries to the dmfe driver configuration file (/ker- nel/drv/dmfe.conf). You can set the speed parameter to 10 or 100 to force dmfe devices to operate at the specified speed. Additionally, you can set the full-duplex parameter to 0 or 1 to disable or force full-duplex operation, respectively. Note that specifying either "speed" or "full-duplex" explicitly disables auto-negotiation. To enable the driver to determine the appropri- ate setting for each parameter, you should always set both parameters. If it is necessary to force either speed or duplex setting (for example, because the dmfe device is connected to an ancient device or hub that does not support auto-negotiation), both parameters should be explicitly specified to match the requirements of the external device. FILES
/dev/dmfe Character special device /kernel/drv/dmfe 32-bit kernel module (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/dmfe 64-bit kernel module (SPARC) /kernel/drv/amd64/dmfe 64-bit kernel module (x86) /kernel/drv/dmfe.conf dmfe configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), gld(7D), dlpi(7P), streamio(7I) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.11 17 Sep 2007 dmfe(7D)