Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Create DR server using mksysb Post 302252092 by pobman on Tuesday 28th of October 2008 07:06:25 PM
Old 10-28-2008
Sorry got my self a little confussed, I remember now mksysb is root only.

The post you wrote Bakunin in the link was excellent. Thanks for the link to it.

This means I will have to restore the data to a new vg group ie newvg, am I right in thinking I could create 2 LV's and put the rootvg data fs on one on LV1 and the datavg data fs on LV2?

This mean's my mksysb will only be good for restoring the root fs?, and that none of the partion or disk information within it will be of any use to me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIM - mksysb of remote server

Hi, I'm trying to use my NIM server to get a mksysb of an lpar on another machine on my network. I'm trying to define a resource through smitty and i've entered the resource name, Server of resource & location of resource, they are as follows Resource Name : gmt_fail_mksysb Server of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KeesH
1 Replies

2. AIX

How do I create a bootable mksysb image file

I have several systems which require software maintenance several times a year. After the software maintenance, it is required that we make two system tapes for DR purposes. The creation of these system tapes takes anywhere from 1-1.5 hours because of the performance of the tape drives. What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
7 Replies

3. AIX

how to create a package from mksysb via nim ?

Hello, I need to install "bos.adt.libm 5.3.0.0" on a server (AIX5.3 power 5). How to install it from a nim mksysb of an another partition ? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

4. AIX

savevg/tar/mksysb of server-A on remote tape drive possible ?

Every 3 months we have to do backups (smitth mksysb/lsmksysb + tar) on at least 30 workstations. We have to carry around 2 external tape drives to connect to them. It is a pain to do because it takes at least 3 days to do (evening/night shift) and users sometimes complain that there desk is not put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. AIX

MKSYSB + tar / on same server: difference and useless ?

Hi again, we have several types of backups we do here. On the workstations backups that we do every 3 months, we do 2 backups on each ones: mksysb and a TAR /. I need to understand better what that mksysb does and figure out if doing both is useless where only one is enough I am looking at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

6. AIX

mksysb installation(clone) on a different server

if VG_SOURCE_DISK_LIST varaible(value set to = hdisk1 hdisk0 )is set in image.data file when taking mksysb image backup on a source server and if we use this image to install it on a different server(clone). Does it warn during installation on the target server if it doesn't have disks hdisk1 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
1 Replies

7. AIX

restoring mksysb backup of a clustered server configured in HACMP

Hi, I have done NIM restoration via nim_bosinst a lot of times but I have some doubts on restoring a server which is clustered specifically HACMP. Previously, I don't know the trend but after doing a nim_bosinst, I can see the client's hostname is back to "localhost" rather than its original... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
0 Replies

8. AIX

Unable to Create spot from mksysb

Hello All, Kindly need help in my problem i.e. I get this error when i create spot from mksysb. #0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master": 0042-001 m_mkspot: processing error encountered on "master": 0042-175 c_mkspot: An unexpected result was returned by the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emerann
2 Replies

9. AIX

VIOS backupios -mksysb - does it need to be served by a NIM server ?

working through VIOS backup options. Generally, we store mksysb's on a server and then NFS mount them from it to copy to a VIO optical library, etc. In the case of a VIO backup, I see the -mksysb option to backupios and understand that it doesn't include the NIM resources in the backup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

10. AIX

Can I use mkdvd to create bootable DVD from mksysb on tape

Hi, Is it possible to use mkdvd to create a bootable DVD using a mksysb on tape as the source image? On the system concerned, we don't have enough free space to create the mksysb to file first, so would like to use the existing tape mksysb backup. The DVD disk/s will then be used to boot a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp36
4 Replies
asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-virtual-servers, list-virtual-servers - gets the virtual servers SYNOPSIS
list-virtual-servers --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Gets all the virtual server elements. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using list-virtual-servers asadmin> list-virtual-servers --user admin --password adminadmin --host localhost --port 4848 Command list-virtual-servers executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)