Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Report on unpatched client script SoftwareUpdate Post 302252041 by glev2005 on Tuesday 28th of October 2008 04:33:41 PM
Old 10-28-2008
Actually this is exactly what I need, a script that will read the output of softwareupdate --list and count the asterisks and return with a number of how many there were. If there were no asterisks then it can skip that machine.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Hyperlink with shell script(using mail client)

Hi ! plz let me suggest ..... By using of mail client methods I am trying to send mails through shell script. like.... To: From: Sub: Body: some sample text..... <my requirement is how to add hyper link to some text(click me) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsukumar
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy file from server to client script

i want to run automated backup copy , using crontab and how to do that? the backup file should be taken from the sun server and put it in the client machine daily.pls help.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gini
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NFS client Mount script after boot

Hi, I have 12 AIX P series servers. One has the NFS DB2data and the others are client mounts. NFS is not in /etc/filesystem because if NFS DB2data not up the client takes 7+ minutes to give up on nfsmnt and boot up. I'd like to check that nfs is up, then do the client mount all from a startup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv2xs
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Client-server script

Hi all, I am referring to this website . What I'm trying to do is to have a server script which will receive data from GPS in one line and store it in some file. Now from what I can see in this server file, server is sending the data to client but I don't need that .. I need only server script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Soap client script

Hi everybody, I`d llike to know if it is possible to create a script that call a specific soap method and collect the response time of this method. Can someone give some tips and examples ? Thank you so much ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a report for client with a text data file

Hi, I am an amateur bash scriptwriter and I need to write a script which creates a report in a formatted, easy to read table-like that is displayed to standard output. The script has to export the followings: Process ID,User Name, Command Name,Priority..... Now I have a file that I can see all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

*ix script to check port of client server and return output

Hello EveryOne, I am new to *ix. some could help to write a script. Problem :- Have to ssh to so many client and check port or filesystem usage, so thinking to automate using script. What i Need:- when i run script on my Launchpad server, it should Should ask and SSH to user provided... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeFirst
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to copy apache log files to client directory

Our Apache log files are written to a location on the server that we as clients have no access. Don't ask. Every month, I have to e-mail the administrator to have him manually copy our Apache log files to a directory in our file space. You can probably guess how efficient it is to do things this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregraven
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Any Help About this script how can i prevent client to use it ?

Hello i have server cpanel on centos 6 an there is a client used script to hack other accounts the script is like this _____ __________ <?php $auth_pass = "7815696ecbf1c96e6894b779456d330e"; $color = "#df5"; $default_action = 'FilesMan'; $default_use_ajax = true;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackmio
1 Replies
tabs(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tabs(1)

NAME
tabs - set tabs on a terminal SYNOPSIS
tabs [-v[n]] [-ahuUV] file... DESCRIPTION
The tabs program clears and sets tab-stops on the terminal. This uses the terminfo clear_all_tabs and set_tab capabilities. If either is absent, tabs is unable to clear/set tab-stops. The terminal should be configured to use hard tabs, e.g., stty tab0 OPTIONS
General Options -Tname Tell tabs which terminal type to use. If this option is not given, tabs will use the $TERM environment variable. If that is not set, it will use the ansi+tabs entry. -d The debugging option shows a ruler line, followed by two data lines. The first data line shows the expected tab-stops marked with asterisks. The second data line shows the actual tab-stops, marked with asterisks. -n This option tells tabs to check the options and run any debugging option, but not to modify the terminal settings. The tabs program processes a single list of tab stops. The last option to be processed which defines a list is the one that determines the list to be processed. Implicit Lists Use a single number as an option, e.g., "-5" to set tabs at the given interval (in this case 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, etc.). Tabs are repeated up to the right margin of the screen. Explicit Lists An explicit list can be defined after the options (this does not use a "-"). The values in the list must be in increasing numeric order, and greater than zero. They are separated by a comma or a blank, for example, tabs 1,6,11,16,21 tabs 1 6 11 16 21 Use a '+' to treat a number as an increment relative to the previous value, e.g., tabs 1,+5,+5,+5,+5 which is equivalent to the 1,6,11,16,21 example. Predefined Tab-Stops X/Open defines several predefined lists of tab stops. -a Assembler, IBM S/370, first format -a2 Assembler, IBM S/370, second format -c COBOL, normal format -c2 COBOL compact format -c3 COBOL compact format extended -f FORTRAN -p PL/I -s SNOBOL -u UNIVAC 1100 Assembler PORTABILITY
X/Open describes a +m option, to set a terminal's left-margin. None of the entries in the terminal database provide this capability. The -d (debug) and -n (no-op) options are extensions not provided by other implementations. Documentation for other implementations states that there is a limit on the number of tab stops. While some terminals may not accept an arbitrary number of tab stops, this implementation will attempt to set tab stops up to the right margin of the screen, if the given list happens to be that long. SEE ALSO
tset(1), infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5). This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). tabs(1)