Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Socket Programming - Port Scanner. I Get Connection Timed Out, Why? Post 302252001 by f.ben.isaac on Tuesday 28th of October 2008 02:22:11 PM
Old 10-28-2008
Oh i already solved them....

Thanks anyway

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection Timed out

I connect to a Sun Box through telnet but it timed out in couple of minutes. Advance thanks for any idea...help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deferred: connection timed out with NT

We recently installed a new release of SCO UNIX (5.0.6) and when I try to relay e-mail from the UNIX box to my NT server (the mail server) I get the following message from sendmail. Deferred: Connection timed out with nt I have nt set up as my relay server in sendmail.cf and the mail seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmossman
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP port scanner for remote or for local

I am unable to find any TCP scanner for data captruing for a Remote or local server. Can anybody please help. i need it to read TCP port and capture the incoming/outgoing data , (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsiddiqui
3 Replies

4. Linux Benchmarks

Connection Timed out problem - EM64T

Hai All, I have problem during HTTP benchmarking with polygraph tool on EM64T machine. Benchmarking results are getting problem bcas of connection timed out system errors. Machine log information is as, /var/log/messages.3:Feb 18 16:17:44 proxy64 network: Bringing up interface eth0: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

connection timed out

I am trying to connect with my hp machine using "dialup networking." It times out after 30 seconds. Is there a way to adjust this time. Would it have anything to do with rexec? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paschal
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket programming:One server two port

I want my server socket to listen on two ports in my machine. How do i achieve it? I will have two clients one connecting to 1 port and another to a different port. So my server needs to listen to both. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abc.working
1 Replies

7. Programming

Cloning a socket connection, using other port numbers

Hello everybody, I've coded a multi-client server based on internet sockets using the scheme listen on port X-accept-fork, exactly like beej's guide At some point I would like to establish a secondary connection between a client and the server-child serving him. I was considering the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

9. Programming

socket programming using UDP connection

I want to send packets through single socket() but using two different port numbers in UDP. Anybody give some idea on this. Thanks in advance.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh046
2 Replies

10. AIX

Ssh connection timed out

Hello, I have two AIX6.1 machines that can communicate with each other through ssh. The problem is that one of them somehow closes the connection after some time and i don't know the reason of that. For example today i send through rsync command 7 files from one server to the other. It send... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
7 Replies
SOCKET_RECVFROM(3)							 1							SOCKET_RECVFROM(3)

socket_recvfrom - Receives data from a socket whether or not it is connection-oriented

SYNOPSIS
int socket_recvfrom (resource $socket, string &$buf, int $len, int $flags, string &$name, [int &$port]) DESCRIPTION
The socket_recvfrom(3) function receives $len bytes of data in $buf from $name on port $port (if the socket is not of type AF_UNIX) using $socket. socket_recvfrom(3) can be used to gather data from both connected and unconnected sockets. Additionally, one or more flags can be specified to modify the behaviour of the function. The $name and $port must be passed by reference. If the socket is not connection-oriented, $name will be set to the internet protocol address of the remote host or the path to the UNIX socket. If the socket is connection-oriented, $name is NULL. Additionally, the $port will contain the port of the remote host in the case of an unconnected AF_INET or AF_INET6 socket. PARAMETERS
o $socket - The $socket must be a socket resource previously created by socket_create(). o $buf - The data received will be fetched to the variable specified with $buf. o $len - Up to $len bytes will be fetched from remote host. o $flags - The value of $flags can be any combination of the following flags, joined with the binary OR ( |) operator. Possible values for $flags +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Flag | | | | | | | Description | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | MSG_OOB | | | | | | | Process out-of-band data. | | | | | | | | MSG_PEEK | | | | | | | Receive data from the beginning of the receive | | | queue without removing it from the queue. | | | | | | | |MSG_WAITALL | | | | | | | Block until at least $len are received. However, | | | if a signal is caught or the remote host discon- | | | nects, the function may return less data. | | | | | | | |MSG_DONTWAIT | | | | | | | With this flag set, the function returns even if | | | it would normally have blocked. | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $name - If the socket is of the type AF_UNIX type, $name is the path to the file. Else, for unconnected sockets, $name is the IP address of, the remote host, or NULL if the socket is connection-oriented. o $port - This argument only applies to AF_INET and AF_INET6 sockets, and specifies the remote port from which the data is received. If the socket is connection-oriented, $port will be NULL. RETURN VALUES
socket_recvfrom(3) returns the number of bytes received, or FALSE if there was an error. The actual error code can be retrieved by calling socket_last_error(3). This error code may be passed to socket_strerror(3) to get a textual explanation of the error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 socket_recvfrom(3) example <?php error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT); $socket = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, SOL_UDP); socket_bind($socket, '127.0.0.1', 1223); $from = ''; $port = 0; socket_recvfrom($socket, $buf, 12, 0, $from, $port); echo "Received $buf from remote address $from and remote port $port" . PHP_EOL; ?> This example will initiate a UDP socket on port 1223 of 127.0.0.1 and print at most 12 characters received from a remote host. CHANGELOG
+--------+----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ | 4.3.0 | | | | | | | socket_recvfrom(3) is now binary safe. | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
socket_recv(3), socket_send(3), socket_sendto(3), socket_create(3). PHP Documentation Group SOCKET_RECVFROM(3)