Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding new kernel parameters
Operating Systems HP-UX Adding new kernel parameters Post 302251960 by jo09 on Tuesday 28th of October 2008 12:26:35 PM
Old 10-28-2008
Hi,

Thank you for your help, after setting the kernel parameters values using the kmtune -u -s param=val now i could able to see those parameter names in the kernel configuration list.

Regards,
jo09

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

kernel parameters

I want to change some kernel parameters in HP-UX11, to do with Oracle upgrade/install. I know this is done using SAM. I am told SAM will not let you enter values outside the allowable range. Could anyone tell me if they have experienced anything different? In Solaris, I would copy the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to look at Kernel parameters

Hello all, Can anyone tell me the command line I can use to look at the following Kernel parameters: nfile maxfile maxfile_lim I'm using the Reflection manager connection to my Unix box so I can't use SAM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tuning kernel parameters

Can only root do this, or can other users too? if other users can, do they have to be given permission, and if so, is there a file or something that stores this? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Kernel parameters.

I've been trying to find out the following parameters of our Unix box: ==>OS version ==> patch level and the following kernel parameters =>maxfiles_lim =>maxvgs =>nproc =>msgmni =>ncsize =>nfile Could someone help me how would I find the above(commands)? Thanks, Bhagat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Kernel Parameters in Solaris 10

Hello, Can anyone point me out as to how to set the following parameters in Solaris Kernel: set semsys:seminfo_semmni=16384, set semsys:seminfo_semmns=32768,set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=1024, set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=16384,set semsys:seminfo_semume=1024, set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295,set... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQG
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. Linux

kernel module parameters

Hi, if I install a module with specific parameter, will this parameters applied next time system boots? for exampe, I want to disable InterruptThrottleRate modprobe e1000e InterruptThrottleRate=0 Is this parameter apllied only for this run, or this module will always use this parameter when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shedon
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Kernel Parameters

Dear All, I want to check whether all essential kernel parameters are installed in my Solaris 10 System. Is there any way to find it. And also how to tune it. Kindly help. Thanks and Regards Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Kernel Parameters

Dear All, I have weblogic Portal Installed in the Server solaris 10. How can i verify whether all the kernel parameters are available for this Software and also another question is How to crosscheck a server ( Solaris 10 Sparc ) whether it has all the required kernel parameters. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What exactly does Kernel parameters do ?

Virtual Machine running on VMWare workstation 9.2 os : RHEL 5.8 RAM : 2.5GB Swap : 2.6gb CPU : 1 virtual CPU Surprizingly I couldn't find much from googling on What exactly does Kernel parameters do ? I was under the impression that kernel parameters just set the limits/maximum for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
2 Replies
sysdef(1M)																sysdef(1M)

NAME
sysdef - display system definition SYNOPSIS
[kernel [master]] DESCRIPTION
Note: will not be supported in future releases of HP-UX (refer to section below). So users are advised to use the kctune(1M) utility which provides additional information on kernel tunable parameters. The command analyzes the currently running system and reports on its tunable configuration parameters. kernel and master are not used, but can be specified for standards compliance. For each configuration parameter, the following information is printed: The name and description of the parameter. The current value of the parameter. The value of the parameter at boot time, if different from the current value. The minimum allowed value of the parameter, if any. The maximum allowed value of the parameter, if any. Where appropriate, the units by which the parameter is measured. Flags that further describe the parameter. The following flag is defined: Parameter can be modified without rebooting. WARNINGS
Users of must not rely on the exact field widths and spacing of its output, as these will vary depending on the system, the release of HP- UX, and the data to be displayed. is provided for compatibility purposes only and is no longer maintained since being marked for obsolescence in a future HP-UX release. The output from is known to be incorrect when reporting values for some tunable parameters such as and SEE ALSO
kctune(1M). TO BE OBSOLETED sysdef(1M)