Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Manipulating CD/DVD images with AcetoneISO2 Post 302251787 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 28th of October 2008 04:00:05 AM
Old 10-28-2008
Manipulating CD/DVD images with AcetoneISO2

10-28-2008 01:00 AM
Burning discs reliably ceased to be an area of concern for Linux a long time ago, thanks to tools such as K3b and GnomeBaker. Another tool, AcetoneISO2, aims to be the Swiss army knife at managing disc images. This utility can convert many different image formats, such as .nrg, .bin, and .img, to ISO, and can generate, compress, encrypt, extract, and mount ISO images. It can also mount Mac OS *.dmg files as images, rip DVDs to Xvid AVI files, split and merge images, and more.

Source...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies

3. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1) 					gnome-disk-utility					   GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1)

NAME
gnome-disk-image-mounter - Attach and mount disk images SYNOPSIS
gnome-disk-image-mounter [--writable] [URI...] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disk-image-mounter can be used to set up disk images. Both regular files and GVfs URIs (such as smb://filer/media/file.iso) can be used in the URI parameter. If no URIs are given and a window server is running, a graphical file chooser will be presented. Note that gnome-disk-image-mounter will not mount filesystems or unlock encrypted volumes in the disk image - this responsibility is left to the automounter in GNOME Shell to ensure that the same interactions happen as if the disk image was a regular physical device or disc. By default the disk images are attached read-only, use the option --writable to change this. RETURN VALUE
gnome-disk-image-mounter returns 0 on success and non-zero on failure. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-shell(1), gnome-disks(1), udisks(8), losetup(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISK-IMAGE-MOU(1)