Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tru64 User administration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tru64 User administration Post 302251694 by sbn on Monday 27th of October 2008 07:20:34 PM
Old 10-27-2008
Tru64 User administration

Hey guys how do you check if an account is locked in tru64, and how do you unlock it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

remote user administration

Hello, I inhearited several solaris machines (read that about 30 of them) and have a need to be able to manage the user accounts remotely.... Currently the machines all have the same users but not exactly the same spelling (each machine was locally managed before and thus every single passwd/shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgriffin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Administration

I have an application that runs on Unix and the user administration is managed at a Unix level. The application has an application ID which is linked to the user ids which are created at Unix level. Can you please help if I can be able to track which user used the Application ID and what action was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kopano
0 Replies

3. Solaris

user administration

hi ' i am creating a primary group and a secondary group for a user. #groupadd -g 101 test #groupadd -g 102 test1 #useradd -d /export/home/user1 -m -s /bin/ksh -g test -G test user1 in /etc/passwd i can find the username as user1 and group name as test and where can i find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeepan
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

User unlock problem in Tru64 4.0F Server

Hi Friends We have two node trucluster Tru64 4.0F Alpha Servers,In one of Tru64 4.0F Unix Server I am unable to unlock users, when I issue usermod command I will get following error /usr/sbin/usermod -x administrative_lock_applied=0 username account manager has exited unexpectedly - please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmb
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64

Two part question, I was told that you can download Tru64 5.1b for free, is this true and if so where? Second part, could I load this on a XP Pro PC with vmware? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Troberts50
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

Hi All..... How many maximum no of users can be created in solaris 10.0 Waiting for the reply ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris User Administration

unable to run smgroup / smadd command to create or modify the users and directories. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sendhils13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User administration

Dear All, I need to restrict the users in our server. 1.History & history -c command working all groups & others.So i need to restrict history -c option for groups & others . 2.Any option available to view user activity with all Eg--->user1 Jul22 10:20:11 date 3.Any other Special... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
7 Replies

9. AIX

AIX user administration - queue management

Dear All Please how can I create a user which would be only able to manage queue printer like creating, release, hold etc a printer queue. He would for example be able to enter commands like : - lpstat -pprintqueue where printqueue is an existing queue on the server - enable printqueue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobnc
0 Replies
KAS_UNLOCK(8)						       AFS Command Reference						     KAS_UNLOCK(8)

NAME
kas_unlock - Unlocks a locked user account SYNOPSIS
kas unlock -name <authentication ID> [-admin_username <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-password_for_admin <admin password>] [-cell <cell name>] [-servers <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-noauth] [-help] kas u -na <authentication ID> [-a <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-p <admin password>] [-c <cell name>] [-s <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-no] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The kas unlock command unlocks the Authentication Database entry named by the -name argument. An entry becomes locked when the user exceeds the limit on failed authentication attempts, generally by providing the wrong password to either an AFS-modified login utility or the klog command. Use the kas setfields command to set the limit and the lockout time, and the kas examine command to examine the settings. To unlock all locked user accounts at once, shutdown the kaserver process on every database server machine, and remove the /var/lib/openafs/local/kaauxdb file from each one. The kaserver process recreates the file as it restarts. OPTIONS
-name <authentication ID> Names the Authentication Database entry to unlock. -admin_username <admin principal> Specifies the user identity under which to authenticate with the Authentication Server for execution of the command. For more details, see kas(8). -password_for_admin <admin password> Specifies the password of the command's issuer. If it is omitted (as recommended), the kas command interpreter prompts for it and does not echo it visibly. For more details, see kas(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see kas(8). -servers <authentication servers>+ Names each machine running an Authentication Server with which to establish a connection. For more details, see kas(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. For more details, see kas(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
In the following example, an administrator using the "admin" account unlocks the entry for "jones": % kas unlock -name jones -admin_username admin Administrator's (admin) Password: PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "ADMIN" flag set on his or her Authentication Database entry. SEE ALSO
kas(8), kas_examine(8), kas_setfields(8), klog(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KAS_UNLOCK(8)