Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting New to Shell scripting: Can you check it? Post 302251655 by sapient on Monday 27th of October 2008 04:11:33 PM
Old 10-27-2008
Thanks Franklin52 and Vbe for the reply.

I was trying to use 'Find' as my My SOURCE_DIR have mulitple directories and which in turn have html and other files. For example:
SOURCE_DIR= /a/b/c
-c has subdirectories h , d, f and g
-subdirectories h and d has few html files
-f and g has more subdirectories and the subdirectories might have html files

----
for htmlfile in "$SOURCE_DIR"/*.html
----
This works only if SOURCE_DIR have html file.

Can you check whats' wrong with my find command?

Thx so much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check process/cpu utilisation thru unix shell scripting

Dear Champs, Can anybody help me out to write a shell script , which will check whether the process is running , if running then divide the process into 2 so that next var it can take process parallel . Let ps -ef | grep a.sh => shows running note a.sh will take a process of next... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check the file existence using shell scripting in Solaris-10

Hi, I have a script which will check the fiel existence, the lines are as below if !(test -d ./data) then mkdir data fi In the first line error occurs as below generatelicense.sh: syntax error at line 2: `!' unexpected Where as this script works fine in linux OS. How to solve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Connection check though Scripting

Hi Guys, I wanted to check the sql connection through scripting if it is avilable then proceed else stop the process I was trying sqlplus -L username/passwd@sid if this is not sucess it gives non-zero. but if it is success it is going into the sqlplus prompt. So how could i get out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell scripting, check if link exists on remote servers

Hi, I'm new to C Shell programming. I'm trying to check if a sym link exists on remote server if not send email. I'm not having much luck. Can anyone help? Here is what I have written but it doesn't work. It tells me that my variable was not defined. Here is part of the script, the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDi
0 Replies

8. AIX

Need help in scripting to check if rootvg is mirrored or not

Hi Can some one help me with a script which when executed will check and tell if all the LV's in rootvg are mirrored or not. Say for example in the below server we could see that everything is mirrored except dumplv2. So if I execute the script it should tell that all are mirrored except... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the datatypes of the columns are same through shell scripting?

Hi, We have a requirement like, to check the datatypes of columns against database. After loading the sample data in to one of the database, need to compare the datatypes of the columns are matching with the provided files. Is there a way that we can achieve through shell scripting. We... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if the JAVA Program is successfully executed in sh shell scripting

Hi , I have written a shell script to call a java program say load_id.sh .This sh script indeed is executed implicitly in other sh script which calls 2 more sh scripts one by one. I need to check if the load_id.sh (which calls java program) is executed successfully only then continue with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preema
1 Replies
uuaids(8c)																uuaids(8c)

Name
       uucompact, uumkspool, uurespool, uupoll - uucp utilities

Syntax
       uucompact -ssystem
       uumkspool system ...
       uurespool [ -t# ]
       uupoll system ...

Description
       All of the commands are located in

The  command  compacts  uucp  system spool directories and associated subdirectories. If system is ALL, then all existing uucp system spool
       directories are compacted.  Otherwise, only the specified system spool directory is compacted.  If no system is	specified,  is	compacted.
       If  is stopped before it is finished, it can be restarted without reprocessing directories.  The command continues processing where it left
       off during it's previous instantiation.

The command makes a per system spool directory and associated subdirectories for each of the specified systems.	For example, if system	is
       mk3 and if the local system name is penny, the following directories are created:
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/C.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/X.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
	       /usr/spool/uucp/sys/mk3/D.penny
       The  command  moves files from old spool directories to	new spool directories.	Because the structure of the spool directories has changed
       from older versions of it is necessary to respool old spooled files to new spool directories in at least two instances:

o    When installing the current version of

o    When creating a new system spool directory for each system.

In the latter case, it is necessary to move files from to the new spool directories.  To ease this task, moves files that have been spooled
       in  one	of 4 formats and respools them under the new spooling structure.  The format is specified by the -t# option, where the number sign
       (#) can be any one of the following:

o   Original spool - All files are in

o   Split spool - Contains the subdirectories

o   Modified split spool -  Contains all subdirectories listed in split spool, and

o   Used when a new system directory has been created and spool files must be moved from the DEFAULT directory to the new system directory.

The command forces a connect attempt to the named systems even if recent attempts have failed, but not if the file prohibits the call.  For
       example, the file will prohibit the call if it is the wrong time of day.  Thus, the should be monitored for messages about the connection.

Files
       Spool directory

Logfile

See Also
       mail(1), uucp(1c), uux(1c)

uuaids(8c)