Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting New to Shell scripting: Can you check it? Post 302251655 by sapient on Monday 27th of October 2008 04:11:33 PM
Old 10-27-2008
Thanks Franklin52 and Vbe for the reply.

I was trying to use 'Find' as my My SOURCE_DIR have mulitple directories and which in turn have html and other files. For example:
SOURCE_DIR= /a/b/c
-c has subdirectories h , d, f and g
-subdirectories h and d has few html files
-f and g has more subdirectories and the subdirectories might have html files

----
for htmlfile in "$SOURCE_DIR"/*.html
----
This works only if SOURCE_DIR have html file.

Can you check whats' wrong with my find command?

Thx so much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check process/cpu utilisation thru unix shell scripting

Dear Champs, Can anybody help me out to write a shell script , which will check whether the process is running , if running then divide the process into 2 so that next var it can take process parallel . Let ps -ef | grep a.sh => shows running note a.sh will take a process of next... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check the file existence using shell scripting in Solaris-10

Hi, I have a script which will check the fiel existence, the lines are as below if !(test -d ./data) then mkdir data fi In the first line error occurs as below generatelicense.sh: syntax error at line 2: `!' unexpected Where as this script works fine in linux OS. How to solve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krevathi1912
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Connection check though Scripting

Hi Guys, I wanted to check the sql connection through scripting if it is avilable then proceed else stop the process I was trying sqlplus -L username/passwd@sid if this is not sucess it gives non-zero. but if it is success it is going into the sqlplus prompt. So how could i get out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell scripting, check if link exists on remote servers

Hi, I'm new to C Shell programming. I'm trying to check if a sym link exists on remote server if not send email. I'm not having much luck. Can anyone help? Here is what I have written but it doesn't work. It tells me that my variable was not defined. Here is part of the script, the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDi
0 Replies

8. AIX

Need help in scripting to check if rootvg is mirrored or not

Hi Can some one help me with a script which when executed will check and tell if all the LV's in rootvg are mirrored or not. Say for example in the below server we could see that everything is mirrored except dumplv2. So if I execute the script it should tell that all are mirrored except... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the datatypes of the columns are same through shell scripting?

Hi, We have a requirement like, to check the datatypes of columns against database. After loading the sample data in to one of the database, need to compare the datatypes of the columns are matching with the provided files. Is there a way that we can achieve through shell scripting. We... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if the JAVA Program is successfully executed in sh shell scripting

Hi , I have written a shell script to call a java program say load_id.sh .This sh script indeed is executed implicitly in other sh script which calls 2 more sh scripts one by one. I need to check if the load_id.sh (which calls java program) is executed successfully only then continue with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preema
1 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)