Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris new sparc netra 500mhz problem Post 302251652 by garethmob on Monday 27th of October 2008 04:03:30 PM
Old 10-27-2008
new sparc netra 500mhz problem

hey guys i'm in university and i bought my self a sun ultra SPARC netra 500mhz machine with the usb ports a vga gfc and cdrom drive

now i have a problem (bought it off ebay) i trying to install a fresh solaris 10 server op onto it but it looks like it previously had linix installed and that got correpted and so it asks for a boot command line

is there any way i can get it to boot off cd? i have the multi disk server of solaris 10 and it plugged into its own screen with usb keyboard

thanks in advance for the help guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Netra T1 105 problem

Hey All Thanks in Advance. Iam facing a problem with Netra T1 105 Ram issuse.I have 1 gb ram in the server but when it boots up in ok prompt or in banner it shows 768 mb Ram , if i put 512 mb Ram it show 368 mb Ram but this all ram if i connect in anthore netra server its shows 1 gb and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Netra V440 & Netra 1290 keyswitch

Hello, I wrote a script which monitor the keyswitch state repeatedly each 10 minutes. I'm extracting the keyswitch status by using prtdiag. The script works fine for Netra v440 , but I found that prtdiag under Netra 1290 don't give keyswitch status. unlike Netra 440 server , I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

4. Debian

Problem installing Debian5 on an ultra sparc machine

Comments/Problems: Machine boots from CDROM, starts SILO Version 1.4.13, display welcome message (welcome to Debian GNU/Linux lenny! built on 20081218-10:06 ). boot: Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel Loaded kernel version 2.6.26 Loading initial ramdisk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtk
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Netra Remote Dial-in Problem

Looking for ideas on why I can't dial into our new Avaya CMS server (Sun Netra 210 - Sol 9) - remotely thru our ASA - site admin software. Running R3-V13 Avaya CMS software - just did a fresh install of the CMS software - install went perfect. The Sun supplied DB9 connector is installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drewmich
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Netra T2000 /var/adm/messages problem

Hi, I have a netra t2000 running solaris 10. It is fully patched with the latest patch cluster and also patch 118833-36 and 126897-02. The SC sys_event level is set to 3. I am running a test to show hardware log status, e.g simulating a power supply failure.Hence I unplug one of te... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 8 SPARC edition problem jumbled text at install

hello guys i bought a SPARC neutra system a couple of months ago and after failing to install solaris onto it (and leaving it as a door stop for a couple of months) decided to stick ubuntu onto it for starters i dont own a sun keyboard i have a cheap pcline usb keyboard (it works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethmob
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot problem with SUN Sparc

Newbie question. I've been running OpenSolaris on an Intel box for some time with great success. I have just bought an old Sun Blade workstation with a corrupted version of Solaris 5 something on it. The plan was to install OpenSolaris on it. However beyond my skills, I see, as no Live CD (or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewtargett
10 Replies

9. Solaris

SUN SPARC rebooting problem, after Solaris 10 installation

Hi All, I had install the solaris 10 into the SUNFIRE V890 server, after installed, it keep rebooting. I wish to enter the OK mode again, and install back the Solaris 10. i had try the "break" button and "stop+A" button, but all fail. kindly advice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
4 Replies

10. Hardware

POST displays error sparc netra 240

Hi guys, when I power on my sun netra 240 server, it displays these error messages: 1. Notice: cpu 0 has 2048/2048 MB of memory disabled. 2. Error : The following devices are disabled dimm1. Please can anyone be kind enough to explain this for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)