Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use SSH to connect to Primary DB and send alert mail Post 302251645 by a1_win on Monday 27th of October 2008 03:36:15 PM
Old 10-27-2008
How to use SSH to connect to Primary DB and send alert mail

Hi All,

AIX 5.3 64 bit:

I am using the below shell script the objective is:

Objective:
========

Use SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view. If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind,then send alert mail through the below shell script:

How could I connect to the primary database in the below shell script using SSH?

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Use SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view. If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind, send alert mail..
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_OutFile=/tmp/stdby_chk_$$.out
sqlplus -s /nolog << __EOF__ > ${_OutFile} 2>&1
whenever oserror exit 99
connect / as sysdba
set verify off

whenever sqlerror exit 6
col logseq_on_standby new_value V_STDBY_LOGSEQ
select /*+ rule */ max(h.sequence#) logseq_on_standby
from v\$log_history h,
v\$parameter p
where h.thread# = to_number(decode(p.value,'0',1,p.value))
and p.name = 'thread';

col filecnt new_value V_STDBY_FILECNT
select count(*) filecnt
from v\$datafile;

whenever sqlerror exit 7
connect ${_PriUnPwd}

whenever sqlerror exit 8
col logseq_on_primary new_value V_PRIMARY_LOGSEQ
select /*+ rule */ max(h.sequence#) logseq_on_primary
from sys.v_\$log_history h,
sys.v_\$parameter p
where h.thread# = to_number(decode(p.value,'0',1,p.value))
and p.name = 'thread';

col filecnt new_value V_PRIMARY_FILECNT
select count(*) filecnt
from v\$datafile;

whenever sqlerror exit 9
begin
if &&V_STDBY_LOGSEQ < &&V_PRIMARY_LOGSEQ - 2 then
--
if &&V_PRIMARY_FILECNT > &&V_STDBY_FILECNT then
--
raise_application_error(-20001,
'${_StdbyOraSid} is falling behind; datafile(s) were added to PRIMARY');
--
elsif &&V_PRIMARY_FILECNT < &&V_STDBY_FILECNT then
--
raise_application_error(-20002,
'${_StdbyOraSid} is falling behind; datafile(s) were dropped from PRIMARY');
--
else
--
raise_application_error(-20000,
'${_StdbyOraSid} is falling behind.');
--
end if;
--
end if;
end;
/
exit success
__EOF__

Anyone could help would be appreciated!!

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to send alert mail

hi, i need to monitor a cron job that runs every 5 mins. if this cron job does not process the request for more than 6 hrs, an alert mail should be sent. how do i achieve this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smurala
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using ssh remains connected at primary site

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 L My shell script using ssh remains connected at primary site and ssh doesn't get disconnected.What should be typed and where in the shell script below to do it. Shell script ======== #!/usr/bin/ksh v_standby=`sqlplus -s /nolog <<END @standby.sql END` echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Poll for a file. If not present...Send a alert mail

Dear Experts, I have a requirement where a 3rd party system places a file in my folder.I am running on HP UNIX. I would like to have a unix script which will check for the existence of the file. If yes OK. if the file is not placed then it has to send a mail to couple of emails ids saying that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)