Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chemist Needs Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Chemist Needs Help Post 302251624 by gingburg on Monday 27th of October 2008 02:34:13 PM
Old 10-27-2008
So I copied everything but I still dont get the last two columns could it be something on my end. You obviously were able to do it, what could I be doing wrong.

Lenny

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chemist Needs Help part II

Hello friends, I was wondering if you can help me with probably a simple function to you all: the sample looks and has this format. I was wondering how I could extract the first and second column starting including the line 'E/N and Ko' and not stop until there are no more lines. Thank you for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
5 Replies
XHFS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XHFS(1)

NAME
xhfs - graphical interface for manipulating HFS volumes SYNOPSIS
xhfs [left-path [right-path]] DESCRIPTION
xhfs presents a graphical front-end for browsing and copying files on HFS-formatted volumes. The display is divided into two parts, left and right, which can each independently view a directory on either an HFS volume or the host (UNIX) filesystem. Double-clicking the name of a directory in either view will open that directory. A pop-up menu at the top of each direc- tory view can be used to navigate to any directory between the current and the beginning of the hierarchy. Text files can be viewed by double-clicking them. Any file or set of files can be copied to the directory shown in the other view by selecting them and clicking the "Copy" button. Copying is performed according to the selected copy mode: MacBinary II The file(s) will be copied using the MacBinary II format. This is the recommended mode for transferring arbitrary Macintosh files. BinHex The file(s) will be copied using the BinHex format. This mode should be used to encode Macintosh files into strict ASCII format. Text In this mode, only the data fork(s) of the selected file(s) are copied. Furthermore, translation is performed on the data's end-of- line characters to conform to the standard for text files on the destination. Raw Data In this mode, only the data fork(s) of the selected file(s) are copied. However, no translation is performed whatsoever on the data. Automatic A copy mode will be selected automatically according to a set of heuristics. SEE ALSO
hfsutils(1), hfs(1) AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> HFSUTILS
02-Apr-1996 XHFS(1)