Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: os upgrade with tl/sp
Operating Systems AIX os upgrade with tl/sp Post 302251536 by zaxxon on Monday 27th of October 2008 11:10:01 AM
Old 10-27-2008
A failed update can't be a good update. Either you start investigating why it failed, fix it and try again or leave it as it is and wait for the next update.
If not already done, you could issue an
Code:
installp -C

to clean up any failed stuff.

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-28-2008 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: typo, installp not install, thx shockneck^^

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help for Upgrade

hi administrator i need help to find solution for this . i have sun fire v880 server with configuration metioned below sun fire v880 2*750 MHz UltraSPARC 111 with 4 GB Memory ( 256*16 ) 36*6 GB hard disks( Internal) with other configuration and now i need to upgrade this server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhasanka
3 Replies

2. AIX

OS upgrade

Hello, fellows: I have an old H80 with AIX 4.3, I want to upgrade to AIX 5.3, is this possible? I have read in some documentation that is necesary do it version to version, I mean... 4.3->5.1 5.1->5.2 5.2->5.3, anybody have this experience? I will aprecciate yor help. Kind regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

3. AIX

upgrade 5.2 to 5.3

Hello ,, I have OS AIX 5.2 ML 5200-05 Model : 9113-550 we want upgrade 5.2 to 5.3 how I can upgrade 5.2 to 5.3? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX122
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Upgrade from OL 6.3 to 6.5

Hello, For upgrading from OL 6.3 to 6.5 is this possible to upgrade without rebuild? What should be the generic steps in migration to OL 6.5. IS this like building up from scratch ? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
4 Replies
DPNS_STARTTRANS(3)					      DPNS Library Functions						DPNS_STARTTRANS(3)

NAME
dpns_starttrans - start transaction mode SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include "dpns_api.h" int dpns_starttrans (char *server, char *comment); DESCRIPTION
dpns_starttrans starts transaction mode. The connection to the Name Server is kept open until one of the DB update operation fails or dpns_aborttrans or dpns_endtrans is explicitly called. If all the DB update operations between dpns_starttrans and dpns_endtrans are suc- cessful, a COMMIT is done. If any DB update operation fails or if an explicit dpns_aborttrans is done, a ROLLBACK is done. The comment is logged in the server log. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL The length of comment exceeds CA_MAXCOMMENTLEN. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. ENSNACT Name server is not running or is being shutdown. SEE ALSO
dpns_aborttrans(3), dpns_endtrans(3) DPNS
$Date: 2010-04-05 09:51:26 +0200 (Mon, 05 Apr 2010) $ DPNS_STARTTRANS(3)