Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sending an attachment - simple question Post 302251422 by Amit.Sagpariya on Monday 27th of October 2008 05:57:21 AM
Old 10-27-2008
try this... you need to give the attachment file twice.

uuencode ali.txt ali.txt| mailx -s "write subject here" ali#home.com

cheers,

Amit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending attachment thru a mail

Is there any way we can send file attachemnts through mails from a unix server. Does the 'mail' command have such an option ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML attachment through mail

Hi I am new to unix and scripting.I am trying to send a html file as an attachment. SUBJECT="Type of Exceptions in Application" TO=Sushovan.Samals@gmail.com SPOOLFILE=/data/reg/tlogs/Monitor.html #echo "Send the E-mail message..." uuencode $SPOOLFILE $SPOOLFILE | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending an attachment through email

As a part of requirement I need to send out mails with attachment from UNIX. I have to take query the Oracle DB and send the result of the query in an attachment through mail. I use the following script for the same. #!/bin/csh #!/bin/bash #!/bin/ksh ATTFILE=/folder1/test.xls cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Email with Attachment

Hi, I want to send an email with multiple attachment using uuencode and mail command. I am able to send with one attachment Ex:uuencode abc.txt abc.txt | mail test@test.com -s "Test3" Can anyone reply with syntax. Regards BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Attachment using MIME in UNIX

Hi, I am using the below code for sending attachment in UNIX but only blank attachment is coming in email even the content is not coming. Please help!!! export CONTENT="${DIR}/${RUN_DATE}_mailbody.txt" export SUBJECT="Search Result for Pattern - ${1}" export ATTACH=${2} ( echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesshh
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending an email with attachment

Hi, Please help me in sending an e-mail with attachment through unix mailx command is not present in our unix box. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dudd9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Sending mail as an attachment

Hi, I need to send a email as a txt file and i used the commands, (echo `echo $EMAIL_MSG` ; uuencode "file.txt" "file.txt" ) | mailx -s "$EMAIL_SUBJECT" "$EMAIL_ID" I received email with a attachment with all data but i get all of them in one row. For example: If file.txt contains value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending mail with attachment

Hi, I am using Sun solaris OS unix server I am trying to send mail with an attachment using below script cat test.txt;uuencode test.txt test.txt|mailx -s "$subject" someone@somewhere I m getting mails but with no attachment. Hence i manipulate the script as below and i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a file as an attachment to email

The file is located under appl/batchdata/ file name: storesales.txt I am using following code because uuencode is not present. I am not getting the data in file but i am getting the blank file with same name as an email attachment. ( echo "from: sch@xxxx.com" echo "to:sch@xxxx.com" echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help sending attachment via mailx

Hello, I am new to the Unix thing, and I am having trouble sending attachments via shell client putty through mailx. The command I use is $ mailx -s "Subject" user@blah.com < attachment.txt but everytime I do that it would say Cannot open attachment.txt I have the file save to my computer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrobin20
5 Replies
ALI(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              ALI(1)

NAME
ali - list mail aliases SYNOPSIS
ali [-alias aliasfile] [-list | -nolist] [-normalize | -nonormalize] [-user | -nouser] [-version] [-help] [aliases ...] DESCRIPTION
Ali searches the named mail alias files for each of the given aliases. It creates a list of addresses for those aliases, and writes that list on standard output. If no arguments are given, ali outputs all alias entries. By default, when an aliases expands to multiple addresses, the addresses are separated by commas and printed on as few lines as possible. If the -list option is specified, then when an address expands to multiple addresses, each address will appear on a separate line. The switch -user directs ali to perform its processing in an inverted fashion: instead of listing the addresses that each given alias expands to, ali will list the aliases that expand to each given address. If the -normalize switch is given, ali will try to track down the official hostname of the address. The files specified by the profile entry "Aliasfile" and any additional alias files given by the -alias aliasfile switch will be read. Each alias is processed as described in mh-alias(5). FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/passwd List of users /etc/group List of groups PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Aliasfile: For a default alias file SEE ALSO
mh-alias(5) DEFAULTS
`aliasfiles' defaults to /etc/nmh/MailAliases `-nolist' `-nonormalize' `-nouser' CONTEXT
None BUGS
The -user option with -nonormalize is not entirely accurate, as it does not replace local nicknames for hosts with their official site names. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 ALI(1)