Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp automated script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users scp automated script Post 302251369 by dan-e on Monday 27th of October 2008 01:23:24 AM
Old 10-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekjunky

If it is your permissions are fine, remove the "test" line and save the file again.

If it isn't you have a permissions issue.
... or a disk-space or disk usage quota issue in your .ssh directory. This prevents ssh from appending onto known_hosts, and (naturally) it will fail utterly silently.

Why someone didn't build a disk-space / quota space hard error message into the kernel I have no idea. Smilie This has cost me more time than any other problem with 'nix, since diskspace problems cross into almost every functional border in unix and, well, *any* static os.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help for automated script

Hi ALL: I need to write a script that will start bunch of servers. and these servers each has a sudo account and they need a passowrd. I dont know where to start and look. Can you please give me some hints or some sample code. Thanks in advance. splax (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: splax
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need automated shell script please

I'm totally new to shell scripting and I would like to ask your help 1.i want to have a .sh script where it runs opening 2 applications one after another 2.i have 2 applications in /applications/app1 /applications/app2 3. want this script to launch app1 for 20 seconds and get killed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uneex
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want automated script

echo "Enter your choice :\c" read num case $num in . 1)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 1 ;; 2)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 2 ;;3)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 3 ;; 4)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 4 ;; 5)"${TEST_HOME}"/ctrl_extract.ksh 5 ;;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automated backup script

I want to create an automated backup script that will copy files to different directories for different days. I will use a detachable USB drive, under SCO 5.0.7. I am very new to Unix, and will require most of the script. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bennieinbots
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automated SCP script passing password to preserve source file timestamp

Hi My requirement is i want to copy files from remote server to the local server and also i need to preserve the timestamp of the remote file. By using scp -p , it is working fine in the interactive call but it is not preserving he file timestamp when i use it in the non interactive scp call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skumar75
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Automated Shell Script

Hello, how can I write a shell script that looks in running processes and if there isn't a process name containing 91.34.124.35 then execute a file in a certain place. I know PHP, in PHP I could do a preg_match_all but I don't know how to do it in shell. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nottingham
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated SCP from a job?

Hi all - I have a script which runs on the OS level, but refuses to run as a cron or as an Oracle job. The Script is pretty straight forward: #!/bin/bash username="MyUsername" host="Remote.server" path="Remote.directory/files/*.*" password="MyPassword" expect -c " spawn /usr/bin/scp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danimaltex
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make script automated

if i have a script called test.sh file1=$(ls -l|awk '{print $9 $1}') awk ' /date_of_selling:/ { print $6 ":" &9 }' /$file1 >> data.txt if i wanna this script to run automatically every day at 8 am :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an automated script

Hi, I need a script to execute below task. As of now I am doing it manually and want it automated. 1)go to below path cd /path/of/file check for the availibility of two file as below of the latest date. test.week1.data test.week2.data Case1. If above files are not present... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated scp using shell & expect

Hi All, I have written a script to automate scp of files. Most of the times it works fine except few cases. I want your help and suggestions to fix these failures. I have used expect & shell to do the automated scp. Below is code $ cat scp.ksh #!/bin/ksh inputfile=$1 fdest_sid=$2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
8 Replies
QUOTA(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  QUOTA(1)

NAME
quota -- display disk usage and limits SYNOPSIS
quota [-ghu] [-v | -q] quota [-hu] [-v | -q] user quota [-gh] [-v | -q] group quota -d [-gh] [-v | -q] DESCRIPTION
quota displays users' disk usage and limits. By default only the user quotas are printed. Options: -d Query the kernel for default user or group quota instead of a specific user or group. -g Print group quotas for the group of which the user is a member. The optional -u flag is equivalent to the default. -h Numbers are displayed in a human readable format. -q Print a more terse message, containing only information on file systems where usage is over quota. -v quota will display quotas on file systems where no storage is allocated. Specifying both -g and -u displays both the user quotas and the group quotas (for the user). Only the super-user may use the -u flag and the optional user argument to view the limits of other users. Non-super-users can use the -g flag and optional group argument to view only the limits of groups of which they are members. Only the super-user may use the -d flag. The -q flag takes precedence over the -v flag. quota tries to report the quotas of all mounted file systems. If the file system is mounted via NFS it will attempt to contact the rpc.rquotad(8) daemon on the NFS server. If quota exits with a non-zero status, one or more file systems are over quota. SEE ALSO
libquota(3), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8), rpc.rquotad(8) HISTORY
The quota command appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
May 12, 2012 BSD