Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk help required to group output and print a part of group line and original line Post 302251362 by summer_cherry on Sunday 26th of October 2008 11:57:13 PM
Old 10-27-2008
nawk '{
if(index($2,"SCHEMA")!=0 && temp!=$2)
{
print "connect",$2
temp=$2
print $0
}
else
print
}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print any required line by its line no using awk and its NR variable

how to print any required line by its line no using awk and its NR variable for eg: ------------ 121343 adfdafd 21213sds dafadfe432 adf.adf%adf --------------- requied o/p if give num=3 it print: 21213sds -------------------------------------- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - sort, then print the high value for each group

Hi @ all I'm trying to achive to this problem, I've a 2-column composed file as the following: 192.168.1.2 2 192.168.1.3 12 192.168.1.2 4 192.168.1.4 3 cpc1-swan1-2-3-cust123.swan.cable.ntl.com 4 192.168.1.3 5 192.168.1.2 10 192.168.1.4 8... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: m4rco-
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the file contents in each group....print the group title as well

I've this file and need to sort the data in each group File would look like this ... cat file1.txt Reason : ABC 12345-0023 32123-5400 32442-5333 Reason : DEF 42523-3453 23345-3311 Reason : HIJ 454553-0001 I would like to sort each group on the last 4 fileds and print them... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ID - output group-memberships one per line

Hello, I am currently a little bit lost with my new shell-script. I am trying to output the results of the "id"-command as a "one per line" statement. For example: I have the user "test" with the group-memberships "group1, group2, group3". When I enter "id test" it will show me the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: henryford
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multi-line output to a single line in a group

Hi, My Oracle query is returing below o/p ---------------------------------------------------------- Ins trnas value a lkp1 x a lkp1 y b lkp1 a b lkp2 x b lkp2 y ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Print Edited Line Along With Original Line

Hi, I have an input file like this line1 line2 line3 hello unix how are you This is what I am expecting my output to be line1 line2 #line3 hello unix how are you line3 hello (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print awk output in same line ,For loop

My code is something like below. #/bin/bash for i in `ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v bash | grep -v grep | grep -v perl | grep -v asm | grep -v MGMT|awk '{print $1" "$8}'` do echo $i ORACLE_SID=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'` USERNAME=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'` done ============= But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep echo awk print all output on one line

Hello, I've been trying to find the answer to this with Google and trying to browse the forums, but I haven't been able to come up with anything. If this has already been answered, please link me to the thread as I can't find it. I've been asked to write a script that pulls a list of our CPE... (51 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwalker
51 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
CREATE 
TABLESPACE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE TABLESPACE(7) NAME
CREATE_TABLESPACE - define a new tablespace SYNOPSIS
CREATE TABLESPACE tablespace_name [ OWNER user_name ] LOCATION 'directory' DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLESPACE registers a new cluster-wide tablespace. The tablespace name must be distinct from the name of any existing tablespace in the database cluster. A tablespace allows superusers to define an alternative location on the file system where the data files containing database objects (such as tables and indexes) can reside. A user with appropriate privileges can pass tablespace_name to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX or ADD CONSTRAINT to have the data files for these objects stored within the specified tablespace. PARAMETERS
tablespace_name The name of a tablespace to be created. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. user_name The name of the user who will own the tablespace. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create tablespaces, but they can assign ownership of tablespaces to non-superusers. directory The directory that will be used for the tablespace. The directory should be empty and must be owned by the PostgreSQL system user. The directory must be specified by an absolute path name. NOTES
Tablespaces are only supported on systems that support symbolic links. CREATE TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
Create a tablespace dbspace at /data/dbs: CREATE TABLESPACE dbspace LOCATION '/data/dbs'; Create a tablespace indexspace at /data/indexes owned by user genevieve: CREATE TABLESPACE indexspace OWNER genevieve LOCATION '/data/indexes'; COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE DATABASE (CREATE_DATABASE(7)), CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)), CREATE INDEX (CREATE_INDEX(7)), DROP TABLESPACE (DROP_TABLESPACE(7)), ALTER TABLESPACE (ALTER_TABLESPACE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE TABLESPACE(7)