Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk or perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk or perl Post 302251299 by mmoses on Sunday 26th of October 2008 12:22:05 PM
Old 10-26-2008
Error awk or perl

hi all
I am new to awk/perl I would appreciate it if you could help!
how do I read a sub folder and their files.
e.g. simulation/10ms/router1.dat, router2.dat,..., router16.dat
simulation/100ms/router1.dat, router2.dat,..., router16.dat
simulation/300ms/router1.dat, router2.dat,..., router16.dat

1. I need to read and plot the number columns form each file and sub folder:
simulation/10ms/router2.dat, ..., simulation/1500ms/router2.dat

2. how do I calculate and plot the interpolation line from two files
router2.dat using awk/perl
10 43.4
20 56.8
30 87.9
:
100 23.8

sender.dat
13 56.9
26 45.9
39 50.0
:
117 59.37

y = ((t-ti)y(i+1) + (t(i+1) - t)yi) / delta_t

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK embeded PERL

Hello Guys, I am refering to this great forum once again for help. After various attempts at this, I am still failing to obtain the desire effect. I have to write a perl script which: 1- reads two values from the user (e.g name & passwd) 2- check each value against a file containing the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to perl convert

Dear Collegue Do anybody help me to convert this AWK script to Perl script { for (i = 2; i <= length ($0); i++) { x = substr($0, i , 1) if (c > 0) { b = b x if (x == "(") c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command with PERL

Hi All, My Input file looks like below: Input: 100,200,300 $fw=`head -1 test.csv | awk -F, '{print \$1}'`; $fw="'$fw" $fw="$fw'" print $fw Output:'100' I want the first field to be printed in single quotes ('') like above. I could get the ouptput but the problem is single... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkbuddy_1983
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl grep and awk

I have a script to get server information i wrote in perl because i would like to learn it (and I use it for work). It works great, however i would like to know if there is a good way to reduce the following line. Sean (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk vs perl

awk -F "|" '{print $2$3$4 upto $30}' file1 > file2 Same logic, i want to write it in perl I tried #!/bin/usr/perl my $line; open FH, "<file1" or die " Can't open file $!"; open FH1, ">file2" or die "Can't open file "; while (<FH1>){ $line = (split /\|/,$_); print FH2 $line;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - to -- PERL

DEAR ALL, i am using following command to fetch some records from more then 50000 files... command is taking more time .... can i have perl command for the same...( i am New to perl ) awk -F "|" '{ if($4==3244898 && $5==5000185) print $66}' *.DATA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value between <abc and > by perl, awk

Hi Everyone, cat 1.txt a <abc b vfff c 000> d 4444 the output is: <abcvfff000> by using perl or awk, can get the value betwee "<abc" and ">", assume 1.txt has lots of those tags, so the output can filter out all those values. Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and perl grouping.

Hello folks. After awk, i have decided to start to learn perl, and i need some help. I have following output : 1 a 1 b 2 k 2 f 3 s 3 p Now with awk i get desired output by issuing : awk ' { a = a FS $2 } END { for ( i in a) print i,a }' input 1 a b 2 k f 3 s p Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the equivalent of NR (awk) in perl?

Hello, I searched online; it seems that perl use $NR as NR in awk; however it does not work for me. For example, how to re-write the following awk using perl: awk '{ print NR}' inputfile---------- Post updated at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:49 PM ---------- I found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting awk to perl

Hello. I'm trying to convert an awk script I wrote to perl (which I just started self-teaching). I tried the a2p command but I couldn't make sense of most of it. Here was the awk code: BEGIN{ FS = "," print "NAME\tLOW\tHIGH\tAVERAGE" a=0 } { if(a==0){ a+=1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
UNKNOWN(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNKNOWN(1)

NAME
unknown - identify possible genotypes for unknowns SYNOPSIS
A program to rapidly identify which genotypes are possible for individuals typed as unknowns in the input pedigree. unknown [ -cl ] DESCRIPTION
unknown infers possible genotypes and mating combinations for parents with unknown genotypes for ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1). OPTIONS
-c Use conditional allele frequencies. -l Choose a good set of loop breakers automatically. RETURN VALUE
0 Successful completion ERRORS
10 File not found 255 Failure EXAMPLES
Normally, unknown(1) is run immediately prior to its sister programs, ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1), like this: unknown mlink FILES
unknown(1) reads the two files pedfile.dat and datafile.dat as its own input and produces various temporary files that are used as input to the next program. These temporary files are ipedfile.dat, upedfile.dat, speedfile.dat and newspeedfile.dat. NOTES
unknown(1) is part of the FASTLINK package, which is a re-implementation of the LINKAGE suite of computer tools that help investigate genetic linkage as first proposed G.M. Lathrop, J.M. Lalouel, C. Julier, and J. Ott. AUTHORS
Dylan Cooper, Alejandro Schaffer, and Tony Schurtz based on work originally by Jurg Ott, Ph.D, et. al. This manual page was written by Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). WORD-WIDE-WEB http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html SEE ALSO
ilink(1), linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1). April 15, 2003 UNKNOWN(1)