Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can invoke applications on Windows machine from AIX server Post 302251204 by sachinrt on Saturday 25th of October 2008 06:06:10 PM
Old 10-25-2008
Hi VBE,

Thanks for replying. In application Java Application I am developing will be deployed on AIX machine where as QTP and WinRunner scripts this Java needs to invoke is on Windows servers. All these servers (AIX Server, and Windows Servers) will be inside the same firewall.

I think this gave you some idea what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks,
sachinrt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing applications/commands on a unix server from a windows PC

i have a network drive (samba) mounted on to my PC and also i have SSH client on my machine. however i need to run applications/commands on a unix server from the middle of a different executable(windows compatable one). so i need to connect to the unix server from SSH through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remotely administer/validate UNIX server via Windows machine?

Hi there--I think this is more of a Windows question, but I think many of you might be able to help me out: I have a UNIX web server and a Windows machine. I'm trying to script the following tasks so that they can be run from the Windows machine (via a batch file): 1. Shutdown web services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohungry73
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Explor the Unix server on Windows Client machine

Hi, I am doin a project that'll work as a normal Explorer on Windows but the best thing is it'll be exploring the content of a UNIX server. The application would be runnin on the windows platform with probably a FTP server on UNIX server. How i should proceed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziaullahk
2 Replies

4. Linux

down load file from unix server to Windows machine.

I need to download a script from Unix box to my PC. I don't have FTP installed on that machine and I am not able to connect to the server using ftp <Server Name>. I am not supposed to install any software on the server but still need to download the file. Heard that we have a secured ftp option... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu_kalari
3 Replies

5. Solaris

To invoke a script on a remote machine

Hi, I am trying the following- 1. ftp a file from machine1 to machine2. 2. Once the ftp is done, from machine1 invoke a shell script on machine2. Could anyone please help me on this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_roy
5 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from Windows machine to Linux server

Hi guys, I need to send a txt file from a windows machine to Linux server. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies
javaws(1)						      General Commands Manual							 javaws(1)

NAME
javaws - Java Web Start launcher command SYNOPSIS
javaws [ options ] [ URL ] PARAMETERS
options Command-line options. Options many be in any order. For a discussion of the various options, see OPTIONS below. URL Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the JNLP (Java Network Launching Protocol) file. DESCRIPTION
The javaws command launches Java Web Start, which is the reference implementation of the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP). Java Web Start launches java application/applets hosted on a network. Without any options javaws will launch the Java JNLP Application Manager, from which users can launch applications/applet or configure Java Web Start. If a URL for a JNLP file is specified, javaws will launch the Java application/applet specified in the JNLP file. OPTIONS
The javaws launcher has a set of options that are supported in the current release. However, the options may be removed in a future release. All -X options are non-standard and subject to change. -offline Runs Java Web Start in offline mode. -uninstall URL Removes a specific application/applet from the user's cache, as indicated by the URL for the JNLP file. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -updateVersions Updates the Java Web Start configuration file based on the current machine's settings. Java Web Start will exit when the command is completed. -Xclearcache Clears the user's cache. Java Web Start will exit after the command has completed. -Xnosplash Disables the display of the initial splash screen. -import Imports the application specified by the URL into the user's cache but does not run it.. -silent When used with the -import option, imports in silent mode; i.e., there will be no UI pop up. The process exit code will be either 0 if successful or 1 if not. -codebase URL Replaces the codebase with URL in the jnlp file specified when importing the resources. URL must be a valid URL. -system Uses the system cache instead of the user cache. -shortcut Allows the creation of shortcuts during silent import. -association Allows the creation of associations during silent import. -open arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -open arguments. -print arguments If specified, replaces the arguments in the jnlp file with -print arguments. -online Runs in online mode (default behavior). -viewer Runs the Java Application Cache Viewer (default if no URL is specified). -userConfig property-name Clears the specified deployment property. -userConfig property-name property-value Sets the specified deployment property to the specified value. -wait If specified, the javaws process will not exit until the application exits. FILES
For more information about the user and system cache and deployment.properties files, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deploy- ment/deployment-guide/properties.html MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Java Web Start, see http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/index.html. 09 April 2004 javaws(1)