Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send-file /var/log/message
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send-file /var/log/message Post 302251139 by vbe on Saturday 25th of October 2008 08:53:56 AM
Old 10-25-2008
Not sure what you want...
You could look at this example using mailx:
http://www.orafaq.com/scripts/unix/mailx.txt

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send contents of a file to email as a message

i have a file new1.txt i want to send the contents of that file as a message to email ali@sms.com i m using ksh script......... plz help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message in /var/log/messages: Cannot do reverse lookup

Hi I have an entry in hosts.deny and now I get the following message in /var/log/messages: g 21 09:30:46 machine sshd: Failed password for illegal user d from ::ffff:213.229.69.42 port 57181 ssh2 Aug 21 09:30:46 machine sshd: Received disconnect from ::ffff:213.229.69.42: 11: Bye Bye Aug 21... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message in /var/log

What does this message mean: Dec 16 04:30:01 vader kernel: target2:0:4: FAST-10 SCSI 10.0 MB/s ST (100 ns, offset 8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files. when logfiles are very big and especially many messages with in few minutes, I would like to display log messages between 5 minute interval. Could you pls give me the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Message in /var/adm

Good Morning.. Hello Everyone, I've been receiving this message in /Var/adm 2 days ago, I'm a new administrator for Solaris 10 and don't know what it means.. Thanks for your help Here is the full message: Feb 18 03:30:45 sun3000 ebus: se0 at ebus0: offset 1,400000 Feb 18 03:30:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexelchivo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog

I have been searching and reading about syslog. I would like to know how to Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog. tail -f /var/log/messages dblogger: msg_to_dbrow: no logtype using missing dblogger: msg_to_dbrow_str: val ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
petitboot-twin(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 petitboot-twin(8)

NAME
petitboot-twin -- Petitboot twin bootloader UI SYNOPSIS
petitboot-twin [-d, --start-daemon] [-h, --help] [-l, --log log-file] [-V, --version] [-f, --fbdev] [-x, --x11] DESCRIPTION
petitboot-twin is a twin based interface to the Petitboot bootloader. Petitboot is a Linux kexec based bootloader that supports loading Linux kernel and initrd images from any device that can be mounted by Linux. It can also load images from the network using the HTTP, HTTPS, NFS, SFTP, and TFTP protocols. OPTIONS
-d, --start-daemon Start pb-discover, the petitboot dynamic device discovery daemon, if it has not been started. This option is mainly useful when run- ning petitboot as a stand-alone application. -h, --help Print a help message. -l, --log log-file Log messages to the file log-file. The default log is a file /var/log/petitboot-twin.log. New messages are appended to an existing log file. -V, --version Display the program version number. SEE ALSO
petitboot(8), pb-twin(8), pb-discover(8), pb-event(8) REPORTING BUGS
Send bug reports to Geoff Levand <geoff @ infradead.org> BSD
June 1, 2019 BSD