Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send-file /var/log/message
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send-file /var/log/message Post 302251095 by Hosam on Saturday 25th of October 2008 05:50:10 AM
Old 10-25-2008
Send-file /var/log/message

Hello All
i need Shell Script to send /var/log/message or another if he have or grep this file to have some info
like PID or value (e.g like NFS mount - stop ) to some body in my System

Thanks for Advanced

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send contents of a file to email as a message

i have a file new1.txt i want to send the contents of that file as a message to email ali@sms.com i m using ksh script......... plz help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message in /var/log/messages: Cannot do reverse lookup

Hi I have an entry in hosts.deny and now I get the following message in /var/log/messages: g 21 09:30:46 machine sshd: Failed password for illegal user d from ::ffff:213.229.69.42 port 57181 ssh2 Aug 21 09:30:46 machine sshd: Received disconnect from ::ffff:213.229.69.42: 11: Bye Bye Aug 21... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message in /var/log

What does this message mean: Dec 16 04:30:01 vader kernel: target2:0:4: FAST-10 SCSI 10.0 MB/s ST (100 ns, offset 8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files. when logfiles are very big and especially many messages with in few minutes, I would like to display log messages between 5 minute interval. Could you pls give me the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Message in /var/adm

Good Morning.. Hello Everyone, I've been receiving this message in /Var/adm 2 days ago, I'm a new administrator for Solaris 10 and don't know what it means.. Thanks for your help Here is the full message: Feb 18 03:30:45 sun3000 ebus: se0 at ebus0: offset 1,400000 Feb 18 03:30:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexelchivo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog

I have been searching and reading about syslog. I would like to know how to Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog. tail -f /var/log/messages dblogger: msg_to_dbrow: no logtype using missing dblogger: msg_to_dbrow_str: val ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)