Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: os upgrade with tl/sp
Operating Systems AIX os upgrade with tl/sp Post 302251003 by itik on Friday 24th of October 2008 06:49:33 PM
Old 10-24-2008
os upgrade with tl/sp

Hi Gurus,

If I have a failed upgrade status of tl/sp and I remove the failed software and I commit and everything works fine. Should I still say this a good upgrade?

Thank you for any comments you may add.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

help for Upgrade

hi administrator i need help to find solution for this . i have sun fire v880 server with configuration metioned below sun fire v880 2*750 MHz UltraSPARC 111 with 4 GB Memory ( 256*16 ) 36*6 GB hard disks( Internal) with other configuration and now i need to upgrade this server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhasanka
3 Replies

2. AIX

OS upgrade

Hello, fellows: I have an old H80 with AIX 4.3, I want to upgrade to AIX 5.3, is this possible? I have read in some documentation that is necesary do it version to version, I mean... 4.3->5.1 5.1->5.2 5.2->5.3, anybody have this experience? I will aprecciate yor help. Kind regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

3. AIX

upgrade 5.2 to 5.3

Hello ,, I have OS AIX 5.2 ML 5200-05 Model : 9113-550 we want upgrade 5.2 to 5.3 how I can upgrade 5.2 to 5.3? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX122
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Upgrade from OL 6.3 to 6.5

Hello, For upgrading from OL 6.3 to 6.5 is this possible to upgrade without rebuild? What should be the generic steps in migration to OL 6.5. IS this like building up from scratch ? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
4 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
       dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding
       sysv init script is available.

As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in
       which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade).  This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because
       invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case.

OPTIONS
       --restart-after-upgrade
	   Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed.  This is the default behaviour in compat 10.

In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst.

This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon
	   will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option.

--no-restart-after-upgrade
	   Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10).  If no other options are given, this will cause the service to
	   be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script.

-r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade
	   Do not stop service on upgrade.

--no-start
	   Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a
	   corresponding init script).

NOTES
       Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments).
       Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts.

Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence
       in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

AUTHORS
       pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)