Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract Part of a "Word", using AWK or SED???? Post 302250987 by radoulov on Friday 24th of October 2008 04:53:54 PM
Old 10-24-2008
Or:

Code:
sed -n '/systemid/s .*>/\([^<]*\).* \1 p' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to change the file with "sed" and "awk"

Hi experts I want your help to change the file format to my wanted version, please give me a hand thanks $cat file install pass make os pass make build kernel failed usb storage pass chane to | *install* | *make os* | *make build kernel* | *usb storage* | | pass | pass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simplify Bash Script Using "sed" Or "awk"

Input file: 2 aux003.net3.com error12 6 awn0117.net1.com error13 84 aux008 error14 29 aux001.ha.ux.isd.com error12 209 aux002.vm.ux.isd.com error34 21 alx0027.vm.net2.com error12 227 dux001.net5.com error123 22 us008.dot.net2.com error121 13 us009.net2.com error129Expected Output: 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: adding two new groups "sed" and "awk"

Majority of the questions are pertaining file/string parsing w.r.t sed or awk It would be nice to have these two as their own sub category under shell-programming-scripting which can avoid lot of duplicate posts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jville
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk,sed : change every 2nd field ":" to "|"

Hi Experts, I have a string with colon delimited, want 2nd colon to be changed to a pipe. data: 101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3: I am trying with sed, but can change only 1 occurance: echo "101:8:43:4:72:14:41:69:85:3:137:4:3:0:4:0:9:3:0:3:12:3:" | sed 's/:/|/2'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i replace a word ending with "key" using awk excpet for one word?

echo {mbr_key,grp_key,dep_key,abc,xyz,aaa,ccc} | awk 'gsub(/^|abc,|$/,"") {print}' Required output {grp_key,xyz,aaa,ccc} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add the word "prefix" to beginning of line using sed

SUSE linux bash shell this works test -d /tmpp && echo "directory exists" || echo "directory doesn't exists" |sed -e "s/^/prefix /" prefix directory doesn't exists but why doesn't this work? test -d /tmp && echo "directory exists" || echo "directory doesn't exists" |sed -e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
3 Replies
xmlcatalog(1)						      General Commands Manual						     xmlcatalog(1)

NAME
xmlcatalog - Command line tool to parse and manipulate XML or SGML catalog files. SYNOPSIS
xmlcatalog [--shell | --create | --add type orig replace | --del values | --noout | --verbose] [catalogfile] [entities] INTRODUCTION
xmlcatalog is a command line application allowing users to monitor and manipulate XML and SGML catalogs. It is included in libxml2. Its functions can be invoked from a single command from the command line, or it can perform multiple functions in interactive mode. It can operate on both XML and SGML files. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
--shell filename Run a shell allowing interactive queries on catalog file filename. --create filename Create a new XML catalog. Outputs to stdout, ignoring filename unless --noout is used, in which case it creates a new catalog file filename. --add 'type' 'orig' 'replace' filename Add an entry to catalog file filename. type indicates the type of entry. Possible types are 'public', 'system', 'rewriteSystem', 'delegatePublic' and 'delegateSystem'. 'orig' is the original reference to be replaced, and 'replace' is the URI of the replacement entity to be used. The --add option will not overwrite filename, outputing to stdout, unless --noout is used. The --add will always take three parameters even if some of the XML catalog constructs will have only a single argument. If the --add option is used following the --sgml option, only a single argument, a filename, is used. This is used to add the name of a catalog file to an SGML supercatalog, a file that contains references to other included SGML catalog files. --del 'values' filename Remove entries from the catalog file filename matching 'values'. The --del option will not overwrite filename, outputing to stdout, unless --noout is used. --noout Save output to the named file rather than outputing to stdout. -v or --verbose Output debugging information. SHELL COMMANDS
Invoking xmlcatalog with the --shell filename option opens a command line shell allowing interactive access to the catalog file identified by filename. Invoking the shell provides a command line prompt after which commands can be entered. public 'PublicID' Execute a public identifier lookup of the catalog entry for 'PublicID'. The corresponding entry will be output to the command line. system 'SystemID' Execute a public identifier lookup of the catalog entry for 'SystemID'. The corresponding entry will be output to the command line. add 'type' 'orig' 'replace' Add an entry to the catalog file. type indicates the type of entry. Possible types are 'public', 'system', 'rewriteSystem', 'dele- gatePublic' and 'delegateSystem'. 'orig' is the original reference to be replaced, and 'replace' is the URI of the replacement entity to be used. del 'values' Remove the catalog entry corresponding to 'values'. dump Print the current catalog. debug Print debugging statements showing the steps xmlcatalog is executing. quiet Stop printing debugging statements. exit Quit the shell. REFERENCES
libxml web page: http://www.xmlsoft.org/ libxml catalog support web page: http://www.xmlsoft.org/catalog.html James Clark's SGML catalog page: http://www.jclark.com/sp/catalog.htm OASIS XML catalog specification: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html AUTHOR
John Fleck <jfleck@inkstain.net> This is release 0.2 of the xmlcatalog Manual. NOTES
Source for libxml is available on http://opensolaris.org. Documentation for libxml is available on-line at http://www.xmlsoft.org/ Nov 26 2001 xmlcatalog(1)