Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming tcp server using pthreads is not working...ne help plz? Post 302250955 by PJani on Friday 24th of October 2008 04:11:58 PM
Old 10-24-2008
Thank you, for uplowding the fixed code i did have another problem and i did findout what was going wrong with my code, tnx for your code...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Tcp Ip Server

i am programming a tcp_ip server which intends to listen permanently to a client . the client can disconnect and connect again and the server accept it(by this point it works).The problem is when the client lose connection without a disconnect command and my code can't get it and keeps waiting for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: massimo_ratti
4 Replies

2. Programming

multi-threaded server, pthreads, sleep

I am trying to writa a multi-client & multi-threaded TCP server. There is a thread pool. Each thread in the pool will handle requests of multiple clients. But here I have a problem. I find a solution but it is not how it must be... i think. When threads working without sleep(1) I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parahat Melayev
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp-server

I have true64 Unix running and there a scales in the sytem which connect thru a com-server to the network. they have their own IP-address and are communicating over port 8000. when I telnet to the com-servers and the print function of the scale is executed I can see the data coming. I need to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albinhess
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to check TCP server status

Please tell me according to C/C++ socket programming; how client can check whether server is running or not during TCP communication. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i hide Server Type Plz

Helo .. How Can i Hide My Server Type Here Hostpres.com - Host Pres And writing Secureb By .... And how Can i Hide uname -a: Linux server.xxxx.net 2.6.18-ovz028stab053.14-enterprise #1 SMP Mon Jun 2 18:25:30 MSD 2008 i686 From Php Shell Like c99... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a7medo
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

TCP server dies after few hours of inactivity

We have a NAS application which can be accessed by both HTTP and HTTPS connections. The issue we are facing is that the tcp server instance that initiates the HTTP access dies after a few hours of inactivity(the NAS application was kept idle for around 10 hours). However, the tcpserver that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with tcp server

Hello @ all, I hope you can give me some advice :b: I will be following code for a tcp server and doStuff () function, the clients treated. From some point, I have several identical clients (zombies, I think), the same records in the database write. Has anyone an explanation? What can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yumos
1 Replies

8. Programming

Concurrent TCP client/server

I made a program and now I need to make it concurrent. Can someone pls help me do this ? The code is this: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny22
4 Replies

9. Solaris

TCP listner on Solaris server

Hi, I am having a solaris server. I want to start a dummy TCP listner on UNIX OS on a specific port can anyone please let me know the process. IP ADDRESS: 123.123.123.123 Port: 8010 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 50 2013-03-05 ERR_GET_LIB(3)