Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to detect usb storage arrival and its mount path from C Post 302250940 by fpmurphy on Friday 24th of October 2008 03:34:10 PM
Old 10-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghashahi
what is IIRC?
If I Recall Correctly
If I Remember Correctly

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Some problem about usb mass storage device

Dear linuxers, I have a usb mess storage device. My OS is rh as3 update2. Each time I use the command mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb I got the error "the device is not a valid block device". I found from google that I should install the module sd_mod I use the command insmod sd_mod... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't detect usb thumbdrive anymore

hey everyone! i have a Solaris 8 box with me, and i had been using my usb thrumbdrive on it all the time. one day, i was in a rush and i pulled out the thumbdrive without ejecting it or anything. and now i can't detect any thumbdrives at all. i had tried using another thumbdrive, but with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feef
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Script to Detect and List USB Flash Drives

Hello. This is my first post to this forum. I've read many of the posts over the last two or three years and I've learned a lot. I'm creating a live Linux distribution using the Linux Live Scripts -- just as a hobby project -- and I'm wanting to create an automated way for a user to copy the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzillarama
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detect USB keyboard and other peripherals

Hi there, I have a Debian machine without any peripherals (no screen, no keyboard, etc.). I'd like to be able to detect and log when someone plugs a USB keyboard. Something like : 2009-07-04 12:21 warning: keyboard pluged! Is that possible? I see two ways : 1. Either actively react to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

5. Programming

usb real time video storage

Hi, Am working on an embedded device with a camera and I would want to send the video data it streams to a usb device connected to it. Am using the c language and of course Linux (Fedora). Any help and suggestions are most welcomed. Thanks in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: THSstd
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to detect a file from inserted usb and puts into a Variable

There is a same named log file that I have on my 2 different android phones. When I plug it into my computer, it appears in the media folder, For example the first android phone: /media/F6BA-0AF5/folder/A.log I want to put that into a variable to be manipulated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobenguyen
3 Replies

7. AIX

Mounting USB Mass Storage

Hi experts, recently i'm exploring USB with filesystem FAT32 mounting on my aix oslevel 6100-04-02-1007. I tried to google to get solutions but failed. Thus, i post it here hope to get solution. Appreciate :) This is my usb drives: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

AIX server do not detect LUN from HP storage

ssssssssssss (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampathenjoy
0 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Detect active usb device used by app

I've searched a number of sites but thought I'd post it here. I'm want to a detect certain usb device (external camera) that is actively being used by an app on a mac. My search has led me through looking at the system events log to see if there is a ProductID indicator logged. The device is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dallas88
2 Replies
VFS_MOUNT(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      VFS_MOUNT(9)

NAME
vfs_mount -- generic file system mount function SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int vfs_mount(struct thread *td, const char *fstype, char *fspath, int fsflags, void *fsdata); DESCRIPTION
The vfs_mount() function handles the generic portion of mounting a file system, and calls the file system specific mount function after veri- fying its parameters and setting up the structures expected by the underlying mount code. vfs_mount() is called directly by the mount(2) system call. Its arguments are: td The thread responsible for this call. fstype The type of file system being mounted. fspath The path to the mount point of the file system. fsflags Flags controlling the mount. See mount(2) for details. MNT_EXPORTED, MNT_NOSUID, MNT_UPDATE, MNT_RELOAD, MNT_FORCE, MNT_ASYNC, MNT_SYNCHRONOUS, MNT_UNION, MNT_NOATIME, MNT_SNAPSHOT, MNT_NOCLUSTERR, MNT_NOCLUSTERW, MNT_IGNORE, MNT_UNION, MNT_NOSYMFOLLOW fsdata File system specific data structure. It is in userspace when passed to vfs_mount() and is left untouched when passed to file sys- tem's mount(). RETURN VALUES
A 0 value is returned on success. ERRORS
[ENAMETOOLONG] The fs type or the mount point path is too long or any individual path component is too long. [EPERM] Permission denied. There are a number of reason this can occur ranging from the user not having permission to mount a file system to the securelevel being to high to load the fstype module. [EINVAL] Invalid operation (ex: trying to update a non mount-point). [ENOENT] The mount point does not exist (from namei()). [ELOOP] The mount point is a muddle of links (from namei()). [EOPNOTSUPP] The operation is not supported (ex: reloading a r/w file system). [EBUSY] The mount point is busy or is not really a mount point (on update). [ENOTDIR] The mount point is not a directory. [ENODEV] The kernel linker was unable to load the specified fstype or was unable to find the specified fstype module. Other errors can be returned by the file system's mount() and you should check the specific file system for details. Also this call relies on a large number of other kernel services whose errors it returns so this list may not be exhaustive. SEE ALSO
mount(2), mount(8) vfs.usermount AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>. BSD
November 26, 2004 BSD