Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers delete multiple lines by line number Post 302250907 by jim mcnamara on Friday 24th of October 2008 02:44:05 PM
Old 10-24-2008
See the edit above

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending line number to each line and getting total number of lines

Hello, I need help in appending the line number of each line to the file and also to get the total number of lines. Can somebody please help me. I have a file say: abc def ccc ddd ffff The output should be: Instance1=abc Instance2=def Instance3=ccc Instance4=ddd Instance5=ffff ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete multiple lines by line number

I have file with 10000 records and i need to delete the lines in single shot based on line number range say from 10 to 51 , 53 to 59 , 105 to 107, 311 to 592 etc... between range works fine for me but how to achive for above case? please help sed '10,51 {d}' infile > outfile (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on line number

I have a file with ~200K lines, I need to delete 4K lines in it. There is no range. I do have the line numbers of the lines which I want to be deleted. I did tried using > cat del.lines sed '510d;12d;219d;......;3999d' file > source del.lines Word too long. I even tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete several lines from file by line number?

Hi I am using the following command to delete a line from the file by line number: line_number=14 sed "${line_number}d" inputfilename > newfilename Is there a way to modify this command to specify the range of lines to be deleted, lets say from line 14 till line 5 ? I tried using the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a huge line of file into multiple lines with fixed number of columns

Hi, I have a huge file with a single line. But I want to break that line into lines of with each line having five columns. My file is like this: code: "hi","there","how","are","you?","It","was","great","working","with","you.","hope","to","work","you." I want it like this: code:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines above a certin line number in bash shell

Hi, I have written a script that returns the line number of the pattern i want and i stored the line number in a variable(getlinenumber).Now i want to delete all the lines in a file above this line number which is stored in a variable. i am using sed '1,$getlinenumberd' > file1.txt which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines above a certin line number in bash shell

Hi, I have written a script that returns the line number of the pattern i want and i stored the line number in a variable.Now i want to delete all the lines in a file above this line number which is stored in a variable. i am using sed '1,$getlinenumberd' > file1.txt which is not working(wrog... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns

Hi all, I'm looking for a way (sed or awk) to delete multiple lines between blank lines containing two patterns ex: user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 15 parameter_2 = 1 parameter_3 = 0 user: alpha parameter_1 = 16... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies
DwtSTextGetEditable(3Dwt)												 DwtSTextGetEditable(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtSTextGetEditable - Obtains the current edit permission state indicating whether the user can edit the text in the simple text widget.

Syntax
       Boolean DwtSTextGetEditable(widget)
	    Widget widget;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the ID of the simple text widget whose edit permission state you want to obtain.

Description
       The  DwtSTextGetEditable function returns the current edit-permission-state, which indicates whether the user can edit the text in the sim-
       ple text widget.  If the function returns True, the user can edit the string text in the simple text widget.  If it returns False, the user
       cannot edit the text.

Return Values
       This function returns the current permission state concerning the editing of the text field in the widget.

See Also
       DwtSText(3Dwt),  DwtSTextGetString(3Dwt),  DwtSTextSetEditable(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetMaxLength(3Dwt), DwtSTextSetMaxLength(3Dwt), DwtS-
       TextSetSelection(3Dwt), DwtSTextClearSelection(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetSelection(3Dwt)
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtSTextGetEditable(3Dwt)