Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Static IP / Subnet mask and Gateway Post 302250772 by c00kie88 on Friday 24th of October 2008 07:54:37 AM
Old 10-24-2008
The PC is assigned another private IP which is 192.168.0.70. Your PC does not need public IP to go to internet. Your router is.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Subnet mask

Hi, I have about 30 computers for users with subnet mask x.x.x.0, and 25 computers for workers with s.m. x.x.x.128. My server has a s.m. x.x.x.128 so with workers computers I can see my server and all the computers in that s.m., but I can't see the server from the users computers and I need to see... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0DiaC
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

changing the subnet mask permanently

I understand how to change the ip address permanently however, I need to also make a permanent change to the subnet mask. How would I accomplish this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnparksjr
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help in changing the subnet mask

Hi, I have a task to edit the subnet mask in almost 100+ solaris servers.Few of the servers are configured with IPMP.There will be no change of IP address or default gateway.If its a single IP we can bring NIC down,change the subnet mask in /etc/netmasks,then bring the NIC back to normal.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajip23
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to change the subnet mask of interface

Hi all, could you please tell me how to Change the subnet mask of interface aded:1 from ffffffc0 to ffffff80 regards Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
7 Replies

5. AIX

Changing subnet mask for a NIM Network.

I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I did search for this answer prior to posting but no luck. Running an AIX NIM Master at 5.3TL9SP4, with about 100 clients. The subnet of one of the networks defined in the NIM env has changed. When I go to Manage Networks, Change/Show... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
0 Replies

6. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Changing the subnet mask on solaris 10

Hello, can anyone help me with the command to change the subnet mask on solaris 10? The mask is currently 255.255.255.255 I will like to change it to 255.255.2555.0. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all ip address from subnet mask

I have this subnet file shown below. How can I calculate all ip addresses from that list 103.22.200.0/22 141.101.64.0/18 10.0.0.0/22I need to be able to read the subnet file and print all IPs in those subnet to an out put file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies
IPSEC_EROUTE(8) 						  [FIXME: manual]						   IPSEC_EROUTE(8)

NAME
ipsec_eroute - manipulate IPSEC extended routing tables SYNOPSIS
ipsec eroute --add --eraf (inet | inet6) --src src/srcmaskbits|srcmask --dst dst/dstmaskbits|dstmask [[--transport-proto transport-protocol]] [--src-port source-port] [--dst-port dest-port] [<SAID>] ipsec eroute --replace --eraf (inet | inet6) --src src/srcmaskbits|srcmask --dst dst/dstmaskbits|dstmask [[--transport-proto transport-protocol]] [--src-port source-port] [--dst-port dest-port] [<SAID>] ipsec eroute --del--del--eraf (inet | inet6) --srcsrc/srcmaskbits|srcmask--dstdst/dstmaskbits|dstmask [[--transport-proto transport-protocol]] [--src-port source-port] [--dst-port dest-port] [<SAID>] ipsec eroute --clear ipsec eroute --help ipsec eroute --version SAID DESCRIPTION
Where <SAID> is --af (inet | inet6) --edst edst --spi spi --proto proto OR --said said OR --said (%passthrough | %passthrough4 | %passthrough6 | %drop | %reject | %trap | %hold | %pass ) DESCRIPTION
Eroute manages the IPSEC extended routing tables, which control what (if any) processing is applied to non-encrypted packets arriving for IPSEC processing and forwarding. The form with no additional arguments lists the contents of /proc/net/ipsec_eroute. The --add form adds a table entry, the --replace form replaces a table entry, while the --del form deletes one. The --clear form deletes the entire table. A table entry consists of: + source and destination addresses, with masks, source and destination ports and protocol for selection of packets. The source and destination ports are only legal if the transport protocol is TCP or UDP. A port can be specified as either decimal, hexadecimal (leading 0x), octal (leading 0) or a name listed in the first column of /etc/services. A transport protocol can be specified as either decimal, hexadecimal (leading 0x), octal (leading 0) or a name listed in the first column of /etc/protocols. If a transport protocol or port is not specified then it defaults to 0 which means all protocols or all ports respectively. + Security Association IDentifier, comprised of: + protocol (proto), indicating (together with the effective destination and the security parameters index) which Security Association should be used to process the packet + address family (af), + Security Parameters Index (spi), indicating (together with the effective destination and protocol) which Security Association should be used to process the packet (must be larger than or equal to 0x100) + effective destination (edst), where the packet should be forwarded after processing (normally the other security gateway) + OR + SAID (said), indicating which Security Association should be used to process the packet Addresses are written as IPv4 dotted quads or IPv6 coloned hex, protocol is one of "ah", "esp", "comp" or "tun" and SPIs are prefixed hexadecimal numbers where '.' represents IPv4 and ':' stands for IPv6. SAIDs are written as "protoafSPI@address". There are also 5 "magic" SAIDs which have special meaning: + %drop means that matches are to be dropped + %reject means that matches are to be dropped and an ICMP returned, if possible to inform + %trap means that matches are to trigger an ACQUIRE message to the Key Management daemon(s) and a hold eroute will be put in place to prevent subsequent packets also triggering ACQUIRE messages. + %hold means that matches are to stored until the eroute is replaced or until that eroute gets reaped + %pass means that matches are to allowed to pass without IPSEC processing The format of /proc/net/ipsec_eroute is listed in ipsec_eroute(5). EXAMPLES
ipsec eroute --add --eraf inet --src 192.168.0.1/32 --dst 192.168.2.0/24 --af inet --edst 192.168.0.2 --spi 0x135 --proto tun sets up an eroute on a Security Gateway to protect traffic between the host 192.168.0.1 and the subnet 192.168.2.0 with 24 bits of subnet mask via Security Gateway 192.168.0.2 using the Security Association with address 192.168.0.2, Security Parameters Index 0x135 and protocol tun (50, IPPROTO_ESP). ipsec eroute --add --eraf inet6 --src 3049:1::1/128 --dst 3049:2::/64 --af inet6 --edst 3049:1::2 --spi 0x145 --proto tun sets up an eroute on a Security Gateway to protect traffic between the host 3049:1::1 and the subnet 3049:2:: with 64 bits of subnet mask via Security Gateway 3049:1::2 using the Security Association with address 3049:1::2, Security Parameters Index 0x145 and protocol tun (50, IPPROTO_ESP). ipsec eroute --replace --eraf inet --src company.com/24 --dst ftp.ngo.org/32 --said tun.135@gw.ngo.org replaces an eroute on a Security Gateway to protect traffic between the subnet company.com with 24 bits of subnet mask and the host ftp.ngo.org via Security Gateway gw.ngo.org using the Security Association with Security Association ID tun0x135@gw.ngo.org ipsec eroute --del --eraf inet --src company.com/24 --dst www.ietf.org/32 --said %passthrough4 deletes an eroute on a Security Gateway that allowed traffic between the subnet company.com with 24 bits of subnet mask and the host www.ietf.org to pass in the clear, unprocessed. ipsec eroute --add --eraf inet --src company.com/24 --dst mail.ngo.org/32 --transport-proto 6 --dst-port 110 --said tun.135@mail.ngo.org sets up an eroute on on a Security Gateway to protect only TCP traffic on port 110 (pop3) between the subnet company.com with 24 bits of subnet mask and the host ftp.ngo.org via Security Gateway mail.ngo.org using the Security Association with Security Association ID tun0x135@mail.ngo.org. Note that any other traffic bound for mail.ngo.org that is routed via the ipsec device will be dropped. If you wish to allow other traffic to pass through then you must add a %pass rule. For example the following rule when combined with the above will ensure that POP3 messages read from mail.ngo.org will be encrypted but all other traffic to/from mail.ngo.org will be in clear text. ipsec eroute --add --eraf inet --src company.com/24 --dst mail.ngo.org/32 --said %pass FILES
/proc/net/ipsec_eroute, /usr/local/bin/ipsec SEE ALSO
ipsec(8), ipsec_manual(8), ipsec_tncfg(8), ipsec_spi(8), ipsec_spigrp(8), ipsec_klipsdebug(8), ipsec_eroute(5) HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org/> by Richard Guy Briggs. [FIXME: source] 03 April 2007 IPSEC_EROUTE(8)