Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change user on remote machine and execute script! Post 302250747 by gfca on Friday 24th of October 2008 07:24:12 AM
Old 10-24-2008
Hi,

you can run "ssh primUser@135.254.242.2 "su - user -c command_to_run"

hope this will help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Need Script to check whether user exists in the remote machine

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. Can someone let me know, how to check whether the user exists in the remote system? I am building a new unix box and before I proceed installing the appliation , I want to check whether the required users are created in the system . how to do this ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Srini75
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a script on remote machine

hi unix guru's i am new to unix shell programming. i found a trouble in executing a script(bali.ksh) which is available on serverA with username xyza, this script contains sqlplus command to retrive the data from the database available on other serverC. Now i need to run the above script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change files permission on Remote machine

I would like to change permissions recursively on a remote folder. Seems like sftp has a limitation, I am only able to change permission on a individual file.. sftp > chmod 777 /usr/local/apache/docs/test.txt It would be great if someone has more knowledge on how this is doable recursively? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almeisan1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command from terminal on remote machine

Hi All, I want to execute some commands on unix machine from the mac machne. I have two options for doing so, I am confused which is the best way of doing. Here are two options. Requirement: Execute command on the remote server machine. Commands to be executed itself contain arguments to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a script hosted on a machine from a different machine

Hi everyone I intend to trigger a script from one machine say mc1 that actually excutes on different machine say mc2 and redirect the logs to that machine mc2. I tried to use nohup <nfs location of machine >/script.sh > <nfs location of machine >/script.log 2>&1 & nfs location of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harneetmakol
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Execute script located on a remote machine

So, is there way of automating this ? My ultimate goal is to run some cmd script in windows and it should connect to a remote unix host and run a script x.sh located on the remote unix host. I was wanting to achieve this by using WinSCP and Putty only. If possible let me know how and if not... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
25 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script in remote machine

Hi All, We have 2 servers A and B. B is having a sctipt called b.sh in path /home/dev/scripts. Now my requirement is i want to execute b.sh from server A. Kindly help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute local script on remote machine and include arguments?

I have a script in local server cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir ./processchk po (here processchk is a script & po is passed as an argument) Now I want to execute this script from remote server ssh $username@$hostname "cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir; ./processchk po" But Its getting error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)