Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to concatenate a string and a variable Post 302250694 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 24th of October 2008 04:23:17 AM
Old 10-24-2008
thread moved to "Shell Programming and Scripting". please watch out to post in the right sub forum!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking on concatenate variable

Hi , like to ask if we use ksh script to take in parameter into $1 and how do i concatenate the $1 value with some words into a variable?? Below is what i have written and i think is wrong ,how do i write it? datafile="Report" || $1 || ".xls" (Should become Report2000.xls) echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate String through Awk

I want to concatenate any particular field of the file with any String say SSB....but i am not able to do it... I hv tried the following code....but its saying there is error in parsing it.. awk 'BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," ; } { for ( i = 1 ; i < 5 ; i++ ) {a=i;b="SSB"; print $1,$a$b,$3 } }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monu_munish
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string to a variable

Hello All, How to concatenate a string to a variable in a script I'm having a file which is consisting of data and i need to extract the first line of the file and append it to a string. /tmp/samp.list containg 60000 I like to concatenate it with a string (SS_) grep -w SS_$(head -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkamalkishore
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable concatenate

Hello, It might be stupid question But I will ask it any way:) var1="1 2 3 4" var2="5 6 7 8" var3=$var1\ $var2 var4="$var1\n$var2" echo "$var1" echo "$var2" echo "$var3" echo "$var4" The result of executing this code is as follow 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4\n5 6... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file, extract two another strings and concatenate to a variable

I have a file with <suit:run date="Trump Tue 06/19/2012 11:41 AM EDT" machine="garg-ln" build="19921" level="beta" release="6.1.5" os="Linux"> Need to find word "build" then extract build number, which is 19921 also release number, which is 6.1.5 then concatenate them to one variable as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: garg
6 Replies

6. Programming

Concatenate string from text file

Hi mY files paths are defined as : //sbase = 'D:\data\sample_AMC\fasta_files\'; sbase2 = 'D:\data\sample_AMC\fasta_files\results\'; snameprefix = 'orig_ind'; snameprefix3 = 'results_ind'; ... const string filname = sbase + snameprefix + snamesuffix; const string resultsname_ =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate Path name to a variable??

I have the path name in a Variable Ex: $XML_PATH_FLAG = /ebs/appl/u00/universe01/inbound/universeorders Now I have to pick up ALL XML files in this directory . In other words I have to pick up ALL the files /ebs/appl/u00/universe01/inbound/universeorders/F1.xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pete.kriya
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate two variables and form the third variable

Hi Guys, I was scratching my head for this for half a day... finally not successful :confused: Following is the problem I have a variable $ var1=123 $ var2-234 $ var3=345 and another Variable $ i=1 Now i wanted to save these into a Variable as shown below for i in 1 2 3 do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - concatenate string - strange variable scoping

Hello, I am trying to concatenate a string in a bash script like this: runCmd="docker run -e \"IMAGE_NAME=$IMAGE_NAME\" " env | grep "$ENV_SUFFIX" | while read line; do envCmd="-e \"${line}\" " runCmd=$runCmd$envCmd echo $runCmd # here concatenation works fine done echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czabak
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
SDP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    SDP(1)

NAME
sdp -- scripting definition (sdef) processor SYNOPSIS
sdp -f {ahst} [-o directory | file | -] [options...] [file] DESCRIPTION
sdp transforms a scripting definition (``sdef'') file, or standard input if none is specified, into a variety of other formats for use with a scriptable application. The options are as follows: -f format Specify the output format. The format may be one or more of the following. Use these when you want to create a scriptable applica- tion: a Rez(1) input describing an 'aete' resource. s Cocoa Scripting ``.scriptSuite'' file. t Cocoa Scripting ``.scriptTerminology'' file. These formats are only necessary when creating a scriptable application that will run on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or earlier; as of 10.5 (Leopard), an application may use only an sdef. Use these when you want to control a scriptable application: h Scripting Bridge Objective-C header. You do not need to create a corresponding implementation file; Scripting Bridge will create the class implementations at runtime. -i includefile Include the type and class definitions from the specified sdef. It may be repeated to specify multiple files. This option is obso- lete; you should use an XInclude element in the sdef instead. -o directory | file | - Specify where to write the output. There are three styles: directory Write the output to automatically named files in that directory. Depending on the input and formats, sdp may generate several files. file Write all the output to that file. - Write all the output to standard output. The default is '-o .'; i.e., generate files in the current directory. Because Cocoa Scripting requires each suite to be in a separate file, using -o file with -f s or -f t is usually not a good idea. Some output formats have additional options relevant only to that format. For scriptSuite and scriptTerminology files (-f s and -f t): -V version Specify the minimum system version to be compatible with, for example, ``-V -10.4''. The default is to assume the current system ver- sion. Specifying anything before 10.3 will use NSString for 'file' type attributes, and will warn about non-object direct parameters. For Scripting Bridge Objective-C header files (-f h): --basename name, -N name Specify the ``base'' name. This name becomes the base name of the generated header and the prefix attached to all the generated classes. For example, saying --basename iTunes would result in a header file ``iTunes.h'' defining a iTunesApplication class. --hidden, -A Output definitions even for items the scripting definition marks as hidden. All such definitions will be flagged as deprecated, since hidden items are usually hidden for a reason. SEE ALSO
sdef(5) BUGS
sdp's error reporting leaves much to be desired. It does not provide line numbers for errors, though it will describe the element. It will not warn you of certain types of mistakes, such as using two different names with the same code (or vice versa), and will return a zero sta- tus even for erroneous input. Mac OS X July 12, 2007 Mac OS X