Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3600 C Class disk upgrade
Operating Systems HP-UX 3600 C Class disk upgrade Post 302250693 by Freddo_21 on Friday 24th of October 2008 04:20:54 AM
Old 10-24-2008
3600 C Class disk upgrade

Hi there

I have a 3600 C class PA-RISC workstation, and I am wondering if I can increase the disk capacity on it.

I have a couple of 73GB Seagate SCSI disks which I could fit in to the SCA slots, and if they are not suitable I am willing to find alternatives - but I am not sure how to go about formatting and preparing them.

I managed to do something similar with a Sun Ultra, by booting the OS in single user mode from a CD, then using the format utility - is it possible to do the same sort of thing with HP kit ? - or do I have to get a HP disc ?

Regards

Freddy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade Hard Disk to a larger one

Hello folks, I have a sun sparcstation 20, I would like to upgrade one of the hard disks to a larger one. The one I would like to upgrade only contains user data. Here are my thoughts: 1. Backup the specific file system 2. Replace the disk with the larger disk 3. Create a new file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DLongan
2 Replies

2. AIX

Disk upgrade problem

I've tried to upgrade the 9gb drives in our F50's to 18gb. The system with original drives would boot up in about 4 min., but with the 18gb drives takes 17 min. Running 4.2.1. What am I missing here?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooshkie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

3600 tcp/udp, trap-daemon, text relay-answer

3600 tcp/udp, trap-daemon, text relay-answer Does anyone know what this service is responsible for, or how significant it is? Thanks.....James (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cassj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

disk upgrade

Hi all, this s going to be my 1st time upgrading a disk.I need the ways or steps to migrate data from a 2gb disk to a 4gb disk which sits in the High Availability Disk Array Model 10.the os disk is the internal disk of the K200 system so i dont think i would be meddling around with that.what r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giriplug
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Upgrade disk in RAID 1

I need to upgrade 2 x 73 GB disk and replace with 2 x 146 GB disk in sun v240. These disks contain boot and swap files These are mirrored disks with RAID 1 I am trining to create the correct procedure. So far the procedure I have is as follows: # metastat State: Okay ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to 'split' mirror disk for OS upgrade purpose

Plan to upgrade Solaris from version 8 to version 9. Understand that if the boot disk is mirrored, I need to split it first before upgrade, how can I do that? Please advise. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

8. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to use live-upgrade with single disk, pre-patching steps?

Hi, I have Solaris-10 x86 (running on HP hardware), with 12 non-global zones running on this. I have to install latest patch cluster/set on this server. This server is not under backup schedule, so before installing patch cluster, I want to keep a backup. In case of any issue (bad patch or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
vxsplitlines(1M)														  vxsplitlines(1M)

NAME
vxsplitlines - show disks with conflicting configuration copies in a cluster SYNOPSIS
vxsplitlines [-g diskgroup] [-c daname] DESCRIPTION
If you import portions of a disk group on different systems, this can lead to conflicting configuration copies on the disks of the disk group. If the configuration information in a disk group is ambiguous, it may not be possible for Veritas Volume Manager to determine which config- uration copy is most up-to-date. (This is usually termed a serial split brain (SSB) condition when it occurs in a cluster.) You cannot import a disk group in this state unless you specify which disk's configuration copy to use. You can use the vxsplitlines command to see which disks in a disk group have conflicting configuration copies, and use this information together with your knowledge of the history of the disk groups' usage to determine which configuration copy is most valid. The output from vxsplitlines displays the vxdg commands that you can run to import the disk group using the available configuration copies. The -o selectcp option of the vxdg import command is used to select the configuration copy to use for the import. OPTIONS
-c daname Display the SSB IDs for each disk that are stored in the configuration copy on the disk specified by its disk access name. Note: Although the SSB IDs for some disks may match, this does not necessarily mean that those disks' configuration copies have recorded all the configuration changes. When viewed from some other configuration copies, the SSB IDs of the same disks may not match. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group. If a disk group is not specified, the default disk group is used as determined from the rules on the vxdg(1M) manual page. EXAMPLES
Display the disks on each side of the split in the disk group newdg: vxsplitlines -g newdg Display the SSB IDs stored in the configuration copy on disk c2t4d0: vxsplitlines -g newdg -c c2t4d0 NOTES
The vxsplitlines is primarily intended to be used with private disk groups, but it also works with shared disk groups. The version number of the disk group must be 110 or greater. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsplitlines(1M)