Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3600 C Class disk upgrade
Operating Systems HP-UX 3600 C Class disk upgrade Post 302250693 by Freddo_21 on Friday 24th of October 2008 04:20:54 AM
Old 10-24-2008
3600 C Class disk upgrade

Hi there

I have a 3600 C class PA-RISC workstation, and I am wondering if I can increase the disk capacity on it.

I have a couple of 73GB Seagate SCSI disks which I could fit in to the SCA slots, and if they are not suitable I am willing to find alternatives - but I am not sure how to go about formatting and preparing them.

I managed to do something similar with a Sun Ultra, by booting the OS in single user mode from a CD, then using the format utility - is it possible to do the same sort of thing with HP kit ? - or do I have to get a HP disc ?

Regards

Freddy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade Hard Disk to a larger one

Hello folks, I have a sun sparcstation 20, I would like to upgrade one of the hard disks to a larger one. The one I would like to upgrade only contains user data. Here are my thoughts: 1. Backup the specific file system 2. Replace the disk with the larger disk 3. Create a new file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DLongan
2 Replies

2. AIX

Disk upgrade problem

I've tried to upgrade the 9gb drives in our F50's to 18gb. The system with original drives would boot up in about 4 min., but with the 18gb drives takes 17 min. Running 4.2.1. What am I missing here?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooshkie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

3600 tcp/udp, trap-daemon, text relay-answer

3600 tcp/udp, trap-daemon, text relay-answer Does anyone know what this service is responsible for, or how significant it is? Thanks.....James (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cassj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

disk upgrade

Hi all, this s going to be my 1st time upgrading a disk.I need the ways or steps to migrate data from a 2gb disk to a 4gb disk which sits in the High Availability Disk Array Model 10.the os disk is the internal disk of the K200 system so i dont think i would be meddling around with that.what r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giriplug
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Upgrade disk in RAID 1

I need to upgrade 2 x 73 GB disk and replace with 2 x 146 GB disk in sun v240. These disks contain boot and swap files These are mirrored disks with RAID 1 I am trining to create the correct procedure. So far the procedure I have is as follows: # metastat State: Okay ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to 'split' mirror disk for OS upgrade purpose

Plan to upgrade Solaris from version 8 to version 9. Understand that if the boot disk is mirrored, I need to split it first before upgrade, how can I do that? Please advise. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

8. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to use live-upgrade with single disk, pre-patching steps?

Hi, I have Solaris-10 x86 (running on HP hardware), with 12 non-global zones running on this. I have to install latest patch cluster/set on this server. This server is not under backup schedule, so before installing patch cluster, I want to keep a backup. In case of any issue (bad patch or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies
diskscan(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      diskscan(1M)

NAME
diskscan - perform surface analysis SYNOPSIS
diskscan [-W] [-n] [-y] raw_device DESCRIPTION
diskscan is used by the system administrator to perform surface analysis on a portion of a hard disk. The disk portion may be a raw parti- tion or slice; it is identified using its raw device name. By default, the specified portion of the disk is read (non-destructive) and errors reported on standard error. In addition, a progress report is printed on standard out. The list of bad blocks should be saved in a file and later fed into addbadsec(1M), which will remap them. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n Causes diskscan to suppress linefeeds when printing progress information on standard out. -W Causes diskscan to perform write and read surface analysis. This type of surface analysis is destructive and should be invoked with caution. -y Causes diskscan to suppress the warning regarding destruction of existing data that is issued when -W is used. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: raw_device The address of the disk drive (see FILES). FILES
The raw device should be /dev/rdsk/c?[t?]d?[ps]?. See disks(1M) for an explanation of SCSI and IDE device naming conventions. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
addbadsec(1M), disks(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), format(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The format(1M) utility is available to format, label, analyze, and repair SCSI disks. This utility is included with the diskscan, addbad- sec(1M), fdisk(1M), and fmthard(1M) commands available for x86. To format an IDE disk, use the DOS format utility; however, to label, ana- lyze, or repair IDE disks on x86 systems, use the Solaris format(1M) utility. SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 diskscan(1M)